Thread: O line prospects

Bookmark and Share

O line prospects

I am wondering if we will go o-line next year again. Way too early to tell, but I am really looking at SF and what they picked up in Thomas and Iuapti last year. I am not sure that is working the way they expected. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I am so glad we took Pouncey and not Iupati who some rumoured was coming to us.

I don't watch too much college ball so I have to rely on highlights. I don't get the impression Pouncey is projected in first round (struggling) so it is unlikley he ends up here with his brother.

I will try and watch some of the players you guys are mentioning in your threads so I can comment better. So far I would say if next year's draft is as good as last year's draft, a tear or two may come to my eye. So far so good.

It's shaping up to be a weak overall OL class. The top OT IMO is Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin. He's a solid prospect, but has suspect knees. DeMarcus Love of Arkansas is the only other OT I see as a 1st round prospect at this point. Love is versatile and doesn't have the injury red flags Carimi does and could be the first OT taken. The strongest part of the OL class is actually the centers.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    DeMarcus Love is my boy.....I'm glad to see others getting on the band wagon........

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I am wondering if we will go o-line next year again. Way too early to tell, but I am really looking at SF and what they picked up in Thomas and Iuapti last year. I am not sure that is working the way they expected. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I am so glad we took Pouncey and not Iupati who some rumoured was coming to us.

I don't watch too much college ball so I have to rely on highlights. I don't get the impression Pouncey is projected in first round (struggling) so it is unlikley he ends up here with his brother.

I will try and watch some of the players you guys are mentioning in your threads so I can comment better. So far I would say if next year's draft is as good as last year's draft, a tear or two may come to my eye. So far so good.
    iupati and davis are playing awesome....alex smith not so much.

pouncey 2 is not going to be looked at as a C by the NFL, he will be viewed as a guard and a damn good one

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    It's shaping up to be a weak overall OL class. The top OT IMO is Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin. He's a solid prospect, but has suspect knees. DeMarcus Love of Arkansas is the only other OT I see as a 1st round prospect at this point. Love is versatile and doesn't have the injury red flags Carimi does and could be the first OT taken. The strongest part of the OL class is actually the centers.
    carimi is pretty much slotted to have a RT career, probably a pretty good one too

i like love and canstonzo more than carimi though

Thread Information