Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    The only reason I would say the Flyers is because my daughter face and body paints at the games...so every game they get is more $$ for her, and less she wants from dad!

Look for Kovy to be the star tonight! You'll all be glad Dan didn't take your advice!

I would have loved to stayed up and watch the Blackhawks game lastnight. It doesn't get much better than that series.
    I was going to stay up for it, but I had to get up early and I love to sleep. End of the 3rd and I couldn't hang any longer.

I stayed up last night, HOLY CHIT what a game!! That short handed goal was sick!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I stayed up last night, HOLY CHIT what a game!! That short handed goal was sick!!
    Yes it was, Mr. Hossa right in on the action too! So was the save a few minutes before that. That game was a classic, I'm bummed I missed it. They final get revenge on the hawks.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would have loved to stayed up and watch the Blackhawks game lastnight. It doesn't get much better than that series.
    That game was crazy! Score was 1-0 Canucks until like 3 min left in the third and then the Blackhawks scored to take it to OT. It was insane.

Yes it was, Mr. Hossa right in on the action too! So was the save a few minutes before that. That game was a classic, I'm bummed I missed it. They final get revenge on the hawks.
    Yes he was, I was shocked the amount of hits he took / delivered, he looked and played like he was 10 years younger...

So you think Kovy still has it??

--- Added 4/27/2011 at 03:02 PM ---

Time to snap his streak:
    Roloson puts perfect elimination mark on the lineWednesday, 04.27.2011 / 1:55 PM / Penguins v Lightning - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Staff Writer
    Share After beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 to extend his team's season, Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Dwayne Roloson was asked if he knew his record in elimination games.

He quickly answered in the negative and said he didn't want to know.

Well, no one show this to Roloson, but he's never lost when his team has faced a win-or-go-home situation.

That includes the last two games of this first-round series, when he's kept the Lightning alive with strong efforts in Games 5 and 6 to force Wednesday's Game 7 (8 p.m. ET, NHL Network-U.S., VERSUS (joined in progress), TSN).

At age 41, Roloson continues to amaze, stopping 27 of 29 shots in Tampa's 8-2 win in Game 5, and coming back two days later to save 31 of 33 shots in a 4-2 win in Game 6.

His biggest moment of the series may have come in Game 6, after the Pens' Jordan Staal scored to tie the game 2-2 at 3:48 of the third period. Seconds later the Penguins' Maxime Talbot had a breakaway, but Roloson stopped his backhand attempt, and then denied him again on the rebound. Pascal Dupuis then swooped in for another rebound opportunity, but Roloson made another great save.

PENGUINS VS. LIGHTNING

SERIES STATUS: TIED 3-3

GAME 1: PIT 3, TBL 0 | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 2: TBL 5, PIT 1 | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 3: PIT 3, TBL 2 | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 4: PIT 3, TBL 0 (2 OT) | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 5: TBL 8, PIT 2 | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 6: TBL 4, PIT 2 | WATCH | PHOTOS
    GAME 7: TBL @ PIT, WED, APRIL 27, 8 p.m., CBC

RELATED STORIES:

Lightning are ready for another elimination game
    Pens shrug off losses, poor Game 7 home mark
    Roloson's trio of saves preserves win for Bolts
    Stamkos finds scoring touch when Bolts needed him
    SERIES ARCHIVE › COMPLETE PLAYOFF COVERAGE ›Thirty seconds after the save on Dupuis, Steve Downie scored the game-winning goal that forced Game 7.

"The three big saves … it's a momentum turner, completely," said Lightning defenseman Eric Brewer. "He's just fantastic, as he has been all series. He saved us."

Brewer isn't the first person to say that about Roloson. During the Minnesota Wild's run to the Western Conference Finals in 2003, Roloson saved the team's season with three straight victories in the second round against the Vancouver Canucks.

Roloson relieved Manny Fernandez with the Wild down 3-1 in the series and allowed just five goals over the final three games. He stopped 25 of 27 shots in Game 5, 30 of 31 in Game 6 and 24 of 26 in Game 7 as Minnesota advanced to the conference finals for the first -- and only -- time in team history.

In five career games when his team is facing elimination, Roloson is 5-0 with a 1.82 goals-against average and .938 save percentage.

Roloson also has a reputation as a playoff killer when his team has the chance to send the opposition home. With the Edmonton Oilers in the 2006 playoffs, he went 3-1 with a 1.34 GAA and .957 save percentage in games where he could help end the opposition's season.

In the first round, Roloson stopped 33 of 36 shots in Game 6 to lead the eighth-seeded Oilers to an upset of the Red Wings, that season's Presidents' Trophy winner.

In Game 6 of the second round, he stopped all 24 shots he faced to eliminate the Sharks. In Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals, he stopped 32 of 33 shots to knock out the Ducks, one game after allowing five goals on 45 shots in a 6-3 loss.

This is Roloson's first playoff series since the 2006 Stanley Cup Final, where he was injured in Game 1, but he hasn't seemed to lose any of his postseason survival instincts.

"We see it every day in practice," Lightning teammate Steven Stamkos said of Roloson after Game 6 against the Penguins. "He just never quits. He's defying the odds; doing it at his age is unbelievable. He was our best player."
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Kovy has something left in him. If it comes out, and I know it's a big if, he's better than any alternative that we have that is scratched.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Kovy has something left in him. If it comes out, and I know it's a big if, he's better than any alternative that we have that is scratched.
    If I buy a winning lottery ticket, it is better than any losing lottery ticket I will buy. I think Kovalev has had his chances, and I would like to see someone else get some reps, even if that meant swapping spots with Asham. If this team gets through to the next round, I would love to see Comrie out there.

I hope so, it just seems like he's a turnover machine and a bit lazy...But I have seen flashes...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Christ almighty are really the only 2 words that I can use to describe this game.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Christ almighty are really the only 2 words that I can use to describe this game.
    We Suck

Sent from my Droid on the now network!

Thread Information