Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I am beginning to think that I would rather lose this series, than to win game 7 and get swept by caps or flyers.
    I'm not sure, but I am beginning to lean that way myself. This is a team that looks like it has given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Do the Pens have what it takes to advance to the next round? They look like my Spurs.
    They have what it takes to advance to the next round, but I doubt they have what it takes to make it through that. They could potentially beat Buffalo or Boston, but Montreal would be brutal (they have the Pens' number), and Washington or Philly would probably sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I agree, and I personally think they'll get blown out in gm7 tomorrow...

1-30 on the PP, nuff said I guess!
    At the end of the season the powerplay was bad, but the penalty kill, defense and goal tending were doing very well. Now, we have no PP, no PK, and no defense or goal tending. For a team that can only score about two or three goals per game, that is disastrous. If I were Guy Boucher, I would tell my players to flat out tackle any Penguin player with a scoring opportunity, because they sure as hell won't punish you with the PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    If I were Guy Boucher, I would tell my players to flat out tackle any Penguin player with a scoring opportunity, because they sure as hell won't punish you with the PP.
    or a penalty shot!

I felt bad for Connor..if everyone played like he did we would be watching to see who our next opponent would be.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    or a penalty shot!

I felt bad for Connor..if everyone played like he did we would be watching to see who our next opponent would be.
    I tell you what, Conner may not have a bunch of goals and assists, but he plays for every second of every shift he gets, unlike some players on this team. I think this is going to be a very valuable experience for him. Letestu is another player that I think will develop into a better player from this experience, but to be honest, I think he has looked terrible in the last few games.

Kovy, Neal IMO are worthless! Playing them on the higher lines is a smack in the face to the guys not dressing!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Kovy, Neal IMO are worthless! Playing them on the higher lines is a smack in the face to the guys not dressing!!
    I wouldn't go as far to say that Neal is worthless. If he is, I would also say that Letang, Fleury, and Staal are all worthless as well due to their severe nonperformance. Aside from the Rupp/Adams/Asham line, I have not seen another line or defensive pairing play up to snuff. Without Crosby and Malkin, this team is in shambles. No teams feel threatened and this leads to a disparity in the confidence between the Penguins and opponents. Unless the Pens get a quick 2 - 0 lead, it's as if they fall asleep by the end of the first; something I blame on the coaching staff.

That said, I do think that the Kovalev and Niskanen experiments are over. I would like to see Tangradi in for Kovy and Engelland in for Niskanen. Kovy just doesn't appear to have the conditioning to be out on the ice for such long periods of time and Niskanen scares me to death with his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    That said, I do think that the Kovalev and Niskanen experiments are over. I would like to see Tangradi in for Kovy and Engelland in for Niskanen. Kovy just doesn't appear to have the conditioning to be out on the ice for such long periods of time and Niskanen scares me to death with his passing.
    Those are the two I was thinking as well.

Neal is crazy, one game he shows a flash then the next 5 he's gone. He just always seems a step behind the play...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Those are the two I was thinking as well.

Neal is crazy, one game he shows a flash then the next 5 he's gone. He just always seems a step behind the play...
    With Neal I think it is a two parter:

1) He can't buy a goal. It seems like any chance he gets, the puck just won't calm down, or the goal tender makes some miraculous save.

2) He's always being swapped between two lines and four different centers/wingers. Without the stability of having solid #1 and #2 lines, he just cannot gain enough continuity. Remember the year the team won the cup and the kind of sixth sense that Crosby and Guerin had for passing to one another? I think Neal is capable of that, he just needs to be paired up with two solid line mates and be given some time to adjust.

Unfortunately, I think this is no more than a throw away season due to injuries.

My Mood
    Addicted
    One guy who has earned his pay in this series is Adams. If you pay attention, I guarantee you'll hear "blocked shot, Craig Adams" more times than you can count.

Neal will be better once Crosby comes back and he has something to work with. He's doing everything except for putting the puck in the net, but atleast he makes the effort (unlike some other players, who shall remain nameless), and that's all you can really ask for from a hockey player. If he does what he can and the goalie makes some crazy save, he can't help that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    One guy who has earned his pay in this series is Adams. If you pay attention, I guarantee you'll hear "blocked shot, Craig Adams" more times than you can count.

Neal will be better once Crosby comes back and he has something to work with. He's doing everything except for putting the puck in the net, but atleast he makes the effort (unlike some other players, who shall remain nameless), and that's all you can really ask for from a hockey player. If he does what he can and the goalie makes some crazy save, he can't help that.
    Adams is definitely one of my three stars from this series (Probably Adams, Kennedy, and Asham). I think our fourth line is the only part of the team that is playing well above what you would expect of them.

As for Neal, I think he would kick all sorts of *** if he was paired with Crosby or Malkin.

Next year I would not mind seeing these lines:

#1: Kunitz/Neal - Crosby - Dupuis (if resigned)
    #2: Kunitz/Neal - Malkin - Kennedy (if resigned)

Better yet, maybe see the team go after a true RW in the off season. That's probably this team's weakest spot, overall.

The biggest disappointment for me is MAF. Stahl (2nd biggest disappointment) finally does something and we tie the game at 2 and get some momentum. Less than a minute later he gives it all back to them. 2 goals on like 4 or 5 shots in the 3rd period of a game that could move us to the next round. He is supposed to be a star...well stars shine in those spots.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information