Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

My Mood
    Addicted
    Deryk Engelland is really making a name for himself in the NHL. He busted this guy's eye right open.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICEEcasGY4[/MEDIA]

Well I made the trip back to Pittsburgh for the weekend. Picked up some tickets and we headed to the Pens game. Before the game at the hotel bar we hung out with many of the Flyers fathers. They were all in on a players/dad trip. A great bunch of proud dads and it was really cool talking to them. The new arena is awesome, great to watch the game and also some spectacular views of the city walking around the concourse. The game start was insane, I almost thought I was at a taping of Slapshot II! The first period they played well than they came out flat in the second and stayed flat. Even though they lost it was still a great time and MAF seems to being getting his act together. The 1st month wasn't great for the Pens but I believe they'll be fine.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    2 fluke goals for the Flyers. It shouldn't have happened.

Jody Shelley, "tough guy" got rocked!

That was the only bright spot of the game...

We have no goaltending with MAF, and we can't score a PP goal to save our ***..

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Jody Shelley, "tough guy" got rocked!

That was the only bright spot of the game...

We have no goaltending with MAF, and we can't score a PP goal to save our ***..

What is up with MAF? This is not the MAF I'm used to seeing....

My Mood
    no mood
    Whatever MAF needs to do he better do it quick, as of right now Johnson is our best goalie.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

MAF has done this before, let's not act like he isn't prone to slumps. Not that uncommon for a 25 year old goalie. He is still the number 1 goalie, no matter what Johnson does.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Duke of 531
    I love when people say johnson is our best chance to win a game right now...fleury is our best chance to win the stanley cup....bylsma's throwing mud against the wall to see what sticks for this week coaching philosophy sucks..fleury knows how to play goal and isn't going to learn something new or see something he's doing wrong on tape while sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs...these people ripping fleury are just like the people who were saying "should batch remain the starter when ben returns"...those were team wins and team losses you flip-flop who played goal each game and probably fleury has all the wins and johnson has all the losses...don't know how this panic button philosophy has started to infect pittsburgh sports fans, but it needs to end...the steelers philosophy of playing your best players and sticking with them through tough times is a proven winner, it builds character and forces the other players to rally around the struggling player and play better themselves...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    MAF has done this before, let's not act like he isn't prone to slumps. Not that uncommon for a 25 year old goalie. He is still the number 1 goalie, no matter what Johnson does.
    Agreed. They need to let him play and get out of it.

How can you justify sitting a guy on the bench who has a .960 save percentage? I don't care if he is a career back or not. Hasn't he earned the right to play?
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 11-01-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information