"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    http://livesportsuk.com/

give it a minute or so until all the ads close
    they put a new one up on atdhe thats really good. thanks though

Crosby is on fire... we're very lucky to be able to watch this night after night.
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    2.5 seconds from clinching their 10th straight win

Well it doesn't mean much...but I know for babe it does because of where she lives...but the Caps choke after being up huge and get 1 point. That makes the Pens the league leading team.
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Well it doesn't mean much...but I know for babe it does because of where she lives...but the Caps choke after being up huge and get 1 point. That makes the Pens the league leading team.
    Every win means a lot to you when you live in the midst of hundreds of thousands of Crapital fans.

This team is spoiling us as fans right now. I wonder when Crosby is going to reach 50 goals this year, he looks unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    This team is spoiling us as fans right now. I wonder when Crosby is going to reach 50 goals this year, he looks unstoppable.
    At this pace he'll be over 70 they said...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Pens are playing lights out.......Crosby is just on a different level then any other player in the NHL right now.....Sid is just amazing........

My Mood
    Love

Penguins' secret to success? Patience

The Penguins are the best and hottest team in the NHL with the best and hottest player.

Remember when things weren't so good? When they didn't have a 10-game winning streak and they didn't lead the league in points, as they do going into their game tonight against Toronto. When center and captain Sidney Crosby didn't have a 16-game points streak and wasn't the league's leading scorer, as is the case now?

The Penguins aren't the types to toss around I-told-you-sos, but they could if they wanted.

Over the first several weeks of the season, when the club wasn't very successful at Consol Energy Center, wasn't getting the most out of No. 1 goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, wasn't winning at a rate that seemed appropriate for its talent level, the Penguins refused to flinch.

"You have a choice when you're dealing with things, whether it's adversity in the locker room or in general in sports or just in life," forward Mike Rupp said Tuesday after practice. "Which way are you going to handle it? We went about it in a particular way."

That was to pick out the good, the bad and the ugly -- seeing more good than a lot of their critics on many nights -- and repeatedly talking about believing in themselves and trusting that their game was going to yield more wins than losses soon enough.

"I don't think anybody's too worried about the questioning [we faced] or people who thought we weren't where we needed to be," Crosby said. "There were times we didn't play well and we didn't win, and I think we were pretty honest with ourselves in evaluating that. I think the most important thing is to evaluate yourself honestly. I think we were able to do that through that stretch.

"It's nice to see us get rewarded for some good hockey now."

The Penguins started out 7-8-1, a mediocre run that would have been dismal if not for a four-game winning streak at one point, especially for a club considered a Stanley Cup contender.

The low point might have been the 0-3 start at their new arena. Or a 3-2 loss Oct. 29 at home to Philadelphia that prompted a players-only postgame meeting. Or a no-show in a 5-2 loss Nov. 3 at Dallas.

The last straw -- or at least the last time the Penguins lost in regulation before what has grown to a 12-0-1 string -- came Nov. 10, when the Penguins collapsed in the third period at home, giving up five goals in a 7-4 loss.

After most of their losses, though, the Penguins talked about doing good things despite the outcome.

"We've always said if we play a particular way, we're not too concerned about the wins and losses because we know the wins will come," Rupp said. "And they are now."

Coach Dan Bylsma swears he fully expected the turnaround based on what he saw from his club.

"This is probably going to seem odd: I was confident when things were not going well that we were going to play good hockey just like we are right now," Bylsma said. "I was confident in Marc-Andre Fleury. I was confident in my team and how we were going to play."

That's not just hindsight talking. Bylsma said, other than some breakdowns and an occasional off night, he thought his team had the horses, had the right system in place and was playing well enough to win.

Even a newcomer such as defenseman Paul Martin, who signed as a free agent in July, could see light approaching.

"It's just in how you handle it," Martin said. "With all the guys they have here and all the success they've had in previous years, the young team they have, they were going to have that success.

"Earlier, we were doing a lot of good things. We were just making a couple of mistakes here or there and getting away from what we needed to do. Now that we're on this little streak and winning some games, I think we realize how good we can be when we do those things. Hopefully, we'll continue to do it. It makes more sense as you see what it produces."

It's highly doubtful the Penguins will win each of their remaining 53 games this regular season, and there could be stretches with less than desirable results.

The Penguins expect to use the same approach they had early on.

"That's not going to change the next time we lose a few," Crosby said. "There are going to be questions. If anything, it's good for us as a group to see that. Sometimes you work hard, you do a lot of good things, and you don't always get rewarded. I think it's nice for all of us to see it [work out]."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10342...#ixzz17YvqljCq

Thread Information