Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1047

Thread: Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I agree with Asham, I watched him in Philly and he always stepped it up in the playoffs there too. He's the kind of guy that can make a difference in May & June.
    He strikes me as a better version of Fedotenko, because he looks like a threat in the regular season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    Jagr watch continues. This is getting ridiculous, but I expect nothing less lol.
    Jagr Watch 2011. Hopefully he'll sign!

My Mood
    Love
    Yes, the Asham resigning was a BIG plus. Jagr is already in Pittsburgh, want to know how i know this? Cause his heart is in Pittsburgh.

Well, I don't think Jagr is going to be back.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Quote Originally Posted by Penguins.NHL.com
    Penguins Withdraw Offer to Jagr
    Friday, 07.01.2011 / 11:35 AM / News
    The Pittsburgh Penguins withdrew their one-year, $2 million contract offer to free agent Jaromir Jagr Friday morning.

"We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins," said Ray Shero, the team's executive vice president and general manager. "We made our best offer from the start, given our salary cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate a deal. But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction. It was never our intention to get involved in a free agent bidding war, and we have to focus on our team.

"Jaromir is one of the greatest players in Penguins history, and we wish him all the best."

Too bad, it would have been fun to watch him go out as a Pen. I have faith in Shero, we'll be fine.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Love
    He's going with Philly. Hey Jagr, when the gloves come off you better pray yinz don't get your freakin blinkin block knocked off.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Max Talbot and Jagr now Flyers. WTF.

I'm disappointed to see Talbot and Rupp go, but with the young players this team has, I think it was time to move on. I love Talbot, but that contract was a bit rich for my blood. I really like Rupp, especially because he is such a pain in the *** for the opposing team, but I think he can be replaced.

Very happy to see that TK got resigned; his speed and play are invaluable, and I think the 2 years/$4 million contract is better than I had imagined after his 20 goal season. I also really like the Steve Sullivan acquisition. The dude is a talented winger who I feel will make an impact from day one. My only concern is his health.

It's comical to watch the Philly news here and see Superstar scoring in game 7 and holding the cup. Jagr simply wanted to be the #1 star. He woulf have had a much better chance at the cup with the Wings or Pens. But he would have had to be in the shadow of great players, I don't think he wanted that.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It's comical to watch the Philly news here and see Superstar scoring in game 7 and holding the cup. Jagr simply wanted to be the #1 star. He woulf have had a much better chance at the cup with the Wings or Pens. But he would have had to be in the shadow of great players, I don't think he wanted that.
    I agree that Jagr wanted to be the big name, not a name in the shadow of bigger ones. Plus, $3.3 million can probably do a lot in the Czech Republic. I think that's about eight times the CR's GDP (PPP).

My Mood
    Addicted
    Jagr's interview was such a joke. I want to play with right handed centers. Yes because Crosby, Malkin, and Zetterberg are gonna be horribly difficult to play with. lol

Thread Information