Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not worried... AT ALL

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

I'm not worried... AT ALL

Why is everyone acting like the sky is falling? Yes, we lost and it was against Baltimore, but we are 3-1 with Ben coming back next game...

Batch played like such **** today. I am 150% confident that if Ben was playing today it wouldn't have been close. Batch missed so many throws today it was laughable. Not only would Ben have made the majority of the throws Charlie completely missed.

Rashard ran hard as hell today. He's been playing lights out this year without any threat of a passing game.

This game just got me even more excited about Ben's return. Watch out for this team...

My Mood
    Addicted

Everybody needs to CALM DOWN

Let's put this into perspective, shall we?

THIS IS ONE GAME PEOPLE. It is not the end of the world. I haven't heard this much whimpering since we lost to the Browns last year. Yes, of course it would be awesome to win this game, of course we would like to go up 2 games on the Ravens, of course it would be nice to go 4-0. Unfortunately, we did not, and it is not that huge of a deal. Did any of us think the Steelers would be playing such dominant football the first 3 games without Ben? No. It was a pretty pleasant surprise to me.

I think those first 3 games, Steeler Nation was spoiled. Getting 6 defense turnovers a game is what we had come to expect, and we can't do that. There were bad plays, but come on, it wasn't all bad. Let's not forget we were playing the team that most "experts" were picking to go to the superbowl, with our senior citizen 4th string quarterback, might I add.

So, as a wrap up to this little rant. We all wish we had won this game, but we didn't, and it's not going to be the death of the Steelers. We're going to see the Ravens again WITH our franchise, 2 time superbowl wining quarterback, who is going to hit all of the open receivers that Batch missed today, and hopefully with a little tweeking to our defense. Not a huge deal. Everyone needs to chill.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 10-03-2010 at 05:12 PM.

I think everyone will chill...but it's good to vent so soon after blowing the game.

I don't have as big a problem losing to the Ravens as I do the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders ect...it's simply the way we lost that is making people nuts.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I think everyone will chill...but it's good to vent so soon after blowing the game.

I don't have as big a problem losing to the Ravens as I do the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders ect...it's simply the way we lost that is making people nuts.
    yep- I agree, and I have stopped venting now too. Just had to get it out
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's the way we lost the game and who we lost it too. Divisional games always need to be won.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's the way we lost the game and who we lost it too. Divisional games always need to be won.
    Someone has to lose

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Exactly. I'm not mad we lost, I'm mad we blew our own chances to win. Reed missed two Fgs (granted they were long), penalties killed us, and the offense didn't produce when we needed it most. The D gave up the lead at the end, but they played pretty solid the entire game.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    One of the FG's I can forgive because of wind, the second should have been made. A whole different game if so. But, bring on the clowns with Big Ben at them helm!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I just posted a thread at the same time saying pretty much the exact same thing.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I think the 'sky is falling' mentality is due to our defense today. We looked an awful lot like last year's team at times and while LeBeau is indeed a god around here, I thought he called poor game today. Brought very little pressure from inside, I didn't think TP was used nearly enough and our run defense was suspect at times again too.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information