Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers blow a chance to go up 2 games on both Baltimore and Cincy...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers blow a chance to go up 2 games on both Baltimore and Cincy...

Say what you want fellas about it being early in the season but this was a big loss for the Steelers and a huge huge win for the Ravens. The Steelers had they won this game would have been 4-0 and had the first tiebraker over the Ravens and dropped the Ravens to 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers. Instead, it's a huge 2 game swing with the Ravens winning this game and now owning the tiebraker being in first place with the same record at 3-1. Plus, with Cincy losing today to the Browns it put them at 2-2 and the Steelers would have been up comfortably in this division at 4-0 and both the Ravens and the Bengals. This was a big win for the Ravens guys and it gives them back control of this division for the time being. And I know I said if the Steelers won they would have buried the Ravens chances of winning the division but right now looking at things it's a big big difference being up 2 games on the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand and the Ravens being 3-1 with the Steelers and owning the tiebraker and having the division lead. No doubt there is a lot of football left and I'm sure the Steelers will bounce back but this is why not having a guy like Ben in there in a close game like this today can make the difference between going for it there at the end of the game instead of trying to kill the clock and be too damn conservative. The Steelers chose that route with Batch in charge and it backfired on them big time. Now it looks like this division will be tight all the way to the end and the Ravens will have that tiebraker edge on the Steelers until they meet again in Baltimore in December should they remained tied. Big win for the Ravens though and it really gives them new life in this division. Time to bounce back now in 2 weeks with Ben back versus the Browns...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would have been happy if you told me we'd be 3-1 when Ben comes back, but the fact that we had it in our grasp to go 4-0 and to give it up is just sickening. You're damn right it's a big loss, and it should never have happened. We got help today from the Browns beating the Bengals and we could have been comfortable atop the AFC North.

Early in the season or not, it doesn't sit well at all. Losing a division game is NEVER good no matter what your record is.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wouldn't say that a 2 game lead is at all "comfortable." And how can the Ravens own the tiebreaker if all the division games haven't been played yet

After a great deal of shouting and throwing around with various objects, I'm still upset, but honestly, we got beaten by the a better team today. Both played lights out defense, but they were better offensively than Steelers. Even with Big Ben in the game, they have way more weapons offensively than we do, which worries me. Lucky for us, Flacco is Flacco.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Say what you want fellas about it being early in the season but this was a big loss for the Steelers and a huge huge win for the Ravens. The Steelers had they won this game would have been 4-0 and had the first tiebraker over the Ravens and dropped the Ravens to 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers. Instead, it's a huge 2 game swing with the Ravens winning this game and now owning the tiebraker being in first place with the same record at 3-1. Plus, with Cincy losing today to the Browns it put them at 2-2 and the Steelers would have been up comfortably in this division at 4-0 and both the Ravens and the Bengals. This was a big win for the Ravens guys and it gives them back control of this division for the time being. And I know I said if the Steelers won they would have buried the Ravens chances of winning the division but right now looking at things it's a big big difference being up 2 games on the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand and the Ravens being 3-1 with the Steelers and owning the tiebraker and having the division lead. No doubt there is a lot of football left and I'm sure the Steelers will bounce back but this is why not having a guy like Ben in there in a close game like this today can make the difference between going for it there at the end of the game instead of trying to kill the clock and be too damn conservative. The Steelers chose that route with Batch in charge and it backfired on them big time. Now it looks like this division will be tight all the way to the end and the Ravens will have that tiebraker edge on the Steelers until they meet again in Baltimore in December should they remained tied. Big win for the Ravens though and it really gives them new life in this division. Time to bounce back now in 2 weeks with Ben back versus the Browns...
    well said Troy, I'm tired of us beating ourselves year in and out when we play the Rats,Clowns,and Bungels, the blessing is when Ben gets back we should be ok and regain the divison lead, as long as we are healthy we will win the division...

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    I was missing the beauty of the forest because of the ugliness of some of the trees. To be honest, I figured the Steelers would be 2-2 without Ben and I had this one circled for a loss. 3-1 and tied for the division league, I have to take it. I know it does hurt, because it's the Ravens, but not having Ben had to come up and bite us at least once. I predict if we had Ben in that game, the Steelers win by ten. The Steelers need to regroup and get ready for Cleveland.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    After we get past the bye and start preparing for the Browns, we'll look back and realize we are still a good team, tied for 1st place in the division. However, the fact is that we beat ourselves with penalties and stupid plays. Losing the game in the last minute is unacceptable, period.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    After we get past the bye and start preparing for the Browns, we'll look back and realize we are still a good team, tied for 1st place in the division. However, the fact is that we beat ourselves with penalties and stupid plays. Losing the game in the last minute is unacceptable, period.
    we only needed a first down and it was over........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Right that's what pissed me off

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    That's what I was saying in my tweets during the game..just 1 first down, that's all we needed. You just had that feeling though that it was in question being pinned back, especially after that first false start.

Thread Information