Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offense let the defense down today

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Offense let the defense down today

Absolutely lack of offensive anything until late in the game. Inability to adjust to the blitz, unable to pick up the blitz, unable to capitalize on turnovers, unable hit the big gainers when the chance was there, unable to see the wide open target even on the run.

Today was the first time in this season that the offense looked like last year. Mendenhall was running hard but Batch was just not able to hit the big plays even though he tried. You can't pin this one on him though completely. Arians predictable play calling, run on first down every time was pathetic and run in the same spot over and over. We didn't roll out the QB near enough until late in the game. More play action, more roll outs, more shot gun, some no huddle would have been nice.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The defense had their moments today where they looked like crap, there is no doubt. They handed the offense the game with 2 minutes to go. 2 false starts and dumb penalty on the kickoff doomed this team. Everyone is to blame but it's not just the defense that is for sure. They needed help from the offense today and didn't get it.

This is why i said Batch was not a good QB despite the Tampa performance. He did not play all that well in Tampa, and he sure didnt here either. I actually believe, without looking it up, that his stats wasnt a whole lot better than when Dixon played Ravens last year...

We REALLY need a new WR or two though. I know they are still hoping Sweed will pan out (or else they would have cut him, instead of IR'ing him), and we have two rookies, but Wallace is a deep threat, and Hines looks pretty slow at the moment. ARE played well, but that was a one game thing... He is not good at all. That leaves us with 2 rookies, 1 who never panned out, and 1 who strives at running fast... We kinda miss Holmes a lot in these kinds of games - A player who is really good at those semi-long routes.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    BEN's BACK! Its got to get better from here
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    This is why i said Batch was not a good QB despite the Tampa performance. He did not play all that well in Tampa, and he sure didnt here either. I actually believe, without looking it up, that his stats wasnt a whole lot better than when Dixon played Ravens last year...

We REALLY need a new WR or two though. I know they are still hoping Sweed will pan out (or else they would have cut him, instead of IR'ing him), and we have two rookies, but Wallace is a deep threat, and Hines looks pretty slow at the moment. ARE played well, but that was a one game thing... He is not good at all. That leaves us with 2 rookies, 1 who never panned out, and 1 who strives at running fast... We kinda miss Holmes a lot in these kinds of games - A player who is really good at those semi-long routes.
    Wait...Batch didn't play good and he almost beat the Ravens? That sounds completely contradictory to Dixon's similar performance last year

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Wait...Batch didn't play good and he almost beat the Ravens? That sounds completely contradictory to Dixon's similar performance last year
    I never wrote that at all.. That is just you trying to find a way to flame Dixon again, which is getting a little old, but w/e.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Bottom line, we made it real close against a very tough ratbird's team. What happens when Ben gets back? I like our future.

Question

That leaves us with 2 rookies, 1 who never panned out, and 1 who strives at running fast... We kinda miss Holmes a lot in these kinds of games - A player who is really good at those semi-long routes.
    Who are you talking about as the "1 who never panned out"? Which rookie?

--- Added 10/3/2010 at 11:48 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by beaver688 View Post
    No matter what you guys say those frekken ravens are a hell of a defence -for batch and the o line to take on, we still have a future hang in there stay cool.
    I actually wasn't all that impressed with the Ravens' defense. They almost got beat with our 4th string QB. Fabian Washington did have some really good defensive plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Who are you talking about as the "1 who never panned out"? Which rookie?

--- Added 10/3/2010 at 11:48 PM ---
    I meant Sweed, but i can see how that sentence was a mess.. Sorry about that >.<

Question

I meant Sweed, but i can see how that sentence was a mess.. Sorry about that >.<
    That's ok. I was just trying to figure out which rookie WR we had who hadn't panned out. And the only person who I could think of was Sanders and I knew it wasn't him b/c the rookie WR's really haven't had time to play. I get what you were saying about Sweed. It's really too bad that he didn't live up to expectations. I felt really bad for him when he got hurt this year.

Thread Information