Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Back - Addresses media

Bookmark and Share

Ben's Back - Addresses media

The team has requested, and received, a temporary roster exemption for Ben Roethlisberger, whose suspension ended today. That means the Steelers won't have to make any move to open a roster spot for him in order for him to return to practicing with the team immediately

So this team is 3-1 with no injuries and Ben is back TODAY. Not too bad if you ask me.

I think McLendon might be staying, this could be the reason for the roster exemption

Here's Ben in his first interview back with the team today

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 10-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Yeah I think we are looking pretty strong right now. One loss to the Ratbirds isn't bad considering where we could have been.

Please let this be a typo lol:

Reporter: "How were you as a viewer of the game? … "

Roethlisberger: "I have no fingernails left. I was hard – it really was to watch them at home. It was - on the edge of my chair, tried to keep busy, watching, standing up, sitting down, so it was tough, but it was fun watching them win."
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Monday, October 04, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bob Donaldson/Post-Gazette
    Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger speaks with reporters after returning to the Steelers' practice facility following a four-game suspension.

Ben Roethlisberger returned to the Steelers today, received hugs from teammates and staff and dug right into what he's been denied the past month, working at his job.
    The quarterback finished serving his four-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and went right to work.
    "First off, it's good to be back here at the facility, especially with my teammates," Roethlisberger said during a six-minute press conference this afternoon. "It's good to see coaches and be around my teammates. I'm just excited to be back and get focused on football, focused on this year and try to get to Dallas.''
    His teammates kept their goal of playing in the Super Bowl in Dallas realistic by winning three of their four games without their starting quarterback, who led them to two Super Bowl victories over the previous five seasons. Dennis Dixon started the first two games of the season, which they won. He suffered a season-ending knee injury in the second game, and 35-year-old Charlie Batch started the past two, which they split.
    "I was their biggest supporter," said Roethlisberger, who was not permitted at the training facility, at Heinz Field or to talk football strategy with teammates or coaches during his suspension. "I was the No. 1 fan. I was rooting for them. Unfortunately, Dennis got hurt, you never like to see a guy get injured. I knew that Charlie would be able to come in and step up and do exactly what he did. That's what makes him the professional that he is. He's been playing great football, which I always knew that he could."
    Roethlisberger said he worked out between 2 and 2 and 1/2 hours daily in the Pittsburgh area with a quarterbacks coach and with receivers and said he has no fingernails left from watching the Steelers' four games from home.
    "I think there's a lot of great chemistry on this team right now. They're playing great football -- offense, defense, special teams -- from what I've been able to watch the games.
    "I'm not coming in trying to be anything more than what I am. Just trying to be helpful, be a teammate, and do whatever I can to help this team win football games. I think they're off to a great start and I just want to come and contribute however I can to try to win football games."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10277...#ixzz11QcxLopk

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm glad he is back and i hope he gets his sh&^ together, he cost us a chance at being 4-0,I hope he is focus and determine to bring home number 7 this year we can do it, we finally have a GOOD dare i say GREAT O-Line, I'm very proud and impressed with the play of Pouncey he held his own against the rats, with Ben back in the fold the sky is the limit as long as we are healthy GO STEELERS WB BB

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.roethli...2.1946208.html
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 10-04-2010 at 08:15 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Please let this be a typo lol:

Reporter: "How were you as a viewer of the game? … "

Roethlisberger: "I have no fingernails left. I was hard – it really was to watch them at home. It was - on the edge of my chair, tried to keep busy, watching, standing up, sitting down, so it was tough, but it was fun watching them win."
    jesus Ben. He'll get it in anyway he can, won't he?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    jesus Ben. He'll get it in anyway he can, won't he?
    LOL dang it Ben!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    LOL dang it Ben!!
    This just in: Ben Roethlisberger suspended for another 4 games for openly admitting to getting hard while watching his teammates play.

My Mood
    no mood
    Hell I got hard watching the video knowing we have our QB back. :P

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelJunkie View Post
    Hell I got hard watching the video knowing we have our QB back. :P
    ...awkward.

Thread Information