Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never too early to talk draft.

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Never too early to talk draft.

I hate to say it but I think we need to spend a first round pick on either OL or middle guard.

The OL doesn't have much talent and Casey isn't getting any younger.

i been talking about the 2011 draft since the week before the 2010 draft lol

OL is an overrated cliche steeler pick, there just simply isnt the tackle value in the first round. FS, MLB, CB and DLine are more plentiful in this draft.

Ideally im saying the best second half of the draft prospect (considering im sure thats where we'll be picking at this rate)

Round 1:

CB- Prince Amukamara/Aaron Williams/Ras-I Dowling (FS?) could all be there, one probably wont (say we pick around 25) i think Peterson and Prince are top 10-15 guys

FS- Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams

OL- MAYBE gabe carimi but hes more of a 2nd round RT to me, but Mike Pouncey im sure will get some looks...hes half the man maurkice is as a center but hes a great guard and hes played with his brother his whole life clearly theres an unreal amount of chemistry there.

MLB- I personally love Don'ta Hightower, he would complement timmons very well as a hammer in the middle and an excellent pass rusher from the middle. Hes better than Mcclain, Maualuga and Spikes, i loved all those guys. Not nearly the player willis is/was, but still he might be a MLB worthy of a late first round pick (something i didnt think lauarnitis or poz were)

WR...dont sleep on getting one of the big 4 if they are there ( i think its more of a big 3 because baldwin isnt that good) but i would love everyone to get down on Julio Jones and let him fall into our lap.

Dline- Love me some Jerrell Powe as a 34 NT, hes a ****ing house. Allen bailey could thrive as a 34 RE, hes a guy that could get some serious pressure from that spot and play the run pretty well. Dareus im sure will be gone by then though

2nd-Mid round guys i like:

Deandre Brown WR
    Kendrick Ellis NT/DE
    Phil Taylor NT
    Curtis Brown- CB
    Kris Odowd C/G
    Noel Devine <3<3<3
    Demarcus Love OT

Ill have more later as far as late rounders go, im at work this if off the top of my head lol

I have your boy Hightower bumped down to #88 overall. I can't for the life of me find what you see in him. If he doesn't start hustling a little bit I'll be bumping him out of the top 100. Slow, lazy, and lacking instincts isn't a good combination for a LB, especially a Steelers LB. He can hit, I'll give him that. Just as long as the ball carrier isn't coming right at him, he's not so tough then.

In reality, he's likely going to still be playing for Alabama next year. The advisory committee will probably give him a 4th round grade.

2nd String
    i like rahim moore (this draft) and allen bailey (this draft) but i want robert sands in 2012 draft.

a defensive end or safety is our #1 need.

it's good if we spend 1st round picks on different positions each year, gives some evening out it's depth across the team.

Quote Originally Posted by super cleats View Post
    i like rahim moore (this draft) and allen bailey (this draft) but i want robert sands in 2012 draft.

a defensive end or safety is our #1 need.

it's good if we spend 1st round picks on different positions each year, gives some evening out it's depth across the team.
    Defensive end? Why do you consider that a big need? There's not even a spot for first round pick Ziggy Hood. Nick Eason has been solid too.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Defensive end? Why do you consider that a big need? There's not even a spot for first round pick Ziggy Hood. Nick Eason has been solid too.
    age... ziggy is the only real young one, of course there is mclendon but tell me, you would pass up allen bailey from miami if he fell to us?

i also like mark barron

Quote Originally Posted by super cleats View Post
    age... ziggy is the only real young one, of course there is mclendon but tell me, you would pass up allen bailey from miami if he fell to us?

i also like mark barron

It would depend on who was still on the board. The Steelers have and always will draft value that fits a need, and not strictly need. I realize age is an issue to some degree with the DE position, but the same factor at NT would trump DE. I think Keisel has a lot left in the tank, and there's no indication Smith isn't going to be back and playing at a high level once again next season. While the Steelers do a good job of staying ahead of their needs by drafting players and developing them for the future to fill a need when the time is right, they have to be careful to not bring somebody in too early.

Personally, i am having a big big crush on Phil Taylor. I like Ras-i a lot too.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Baldwin is that good its not his fault his QB sucks balls........Baldwin will be the best pro of the four just watch.......I like Michael Floyd a ton to.........

baldwin is so stiff and lacks quickness for a WR even at his size, he looks slow and retarded in and out of his cuts. good straight line speed but the fitzgerald and calvin comparsions some throw around are premature.

floyd, jones and green dont have world beaters getting them the ball either

Thread Information