Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never too early to talk draft.

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    baldwin is so stiff and lacks quickness for a WR even at his size, he looks slow and retarded in and out of his cuts. good straight line speed but the fitzgerald and calvin comparsions some throw around are premature.

floyd, jones and green dont have world beaters getting them the ball either
    He is a bit stiff and does lack some quickness, but no more than Michael Floyd. They both have terrific hands, but Baldwin would smoke him in a race. Also, Baldwin is from Aliquippa and Aliquippa players turn out.

Baldwin is Calvin Johnson 2.0 (poor man's version though)

My outlook on Baldwin as a pro is to have seasons with around 50-60 catches, 850-950 yards, and 9-12 TD's. The TD catches will be what earns his pay check. He's also a solid blocker.
    Last edited by darnik44; 10-03-2010 at 11:57 AM.

yeah i agree about floyd, i think floyd is much much more polished though. im jus not buying the baldwin hype at the moment

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    baldwin is so stiff and lacks quickness for a WR even at his size, he looks slow and retarded in and out of his cuts. good straight line speed but the fitzgerald and calvin comparsions some throw around are premature.

floyd, jones and green dont have world beaters getting them the ball either
    Dayne Crist is much better then Tino Sunseri.....lol Greg McElroy won't be nothing as an NFL QB but you can't argue the success he has had a collegiate QB......I'm just saying I think Baldwin would have much better stats if he were on Bama or even Notre Dame.........

I don't think Baldwin compares to Fitz or even Calvin....I think of Baldwin as a poor mans Brandon Marshall.......

You're right Ktrain Baldwin might not score high on some of the individual drills at the combine but combine results don't always make a football player.......We just to have to wait and see.....I'm a Baldwin homer I admit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dayne Crist is much better then Tino Sunseri.....lol Greg McElroy won't be nothing as an NFL QB but you can't argue the success he has had a collegiate QB......I'm just saying I think Baldwin would have much better stats if he were on Bama or even Notre Dame.........

I don't think Baldwin compares to Fitz or even Calvin....I think of Baldwin as a poor mans Brandon Marshall.......

You're right Ktrain Baldwin might not score high on some of the individual drills at the combine but combine results don't always make a football player.......We just to have to wait and see.....I'm a Baldwin homer I admit.....
    the last thing you said though, combine scores dont make a football player. baldwin to me looks like a classic athlete thats playing football, not a "football player" by that definition. hes got good bod control and hes huge but i think hes clearly 4th of the WRs, maybe even 5th.. i think he should stay this year and have a chance of being the #1 or 2 guy next year

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Yes, this is totally irrational but after the rats game, I hope we draft a fg kicker in the earlier rounds
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Yes, this is totally irrational but after the rats game, I hope we draft a fg kicker in the earlier rounds
    I still love the Sepulveda pick a few years ago. Get a player that can secure a position for 10+ years and help in critical situations. There is a reason that when good teams get a good kicker/punter they hold onto them for forever.

I used to love Reed but I'm totally and completely over that. I forgave him after the start of last season (he lost the Bears game for us and another one that I can't recall right now) but I can only give so many free passes. Franchise player MY ***

Well if it's a kicker you want, check out Miami's Matt Bosher. Most consider UCLA's Kai Forbath the top kicker in the country, but I disagree. Aside from being a good FG and kickoff guy, he's also Miami's punter and a very good one. I'm not saying he would be a punter for the Steelers, but it's nice insurance to have if Sepulveda were to go down during a game (like already happened once). I liked Bosher, then I saw him live at the Pitt/Miami game. The ball just jumps off his foot.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Well if it's a kicker you want, check out Miami's Matt Bosher. Most consider UCLA's Kai Forbath the top kicker in the country, but I disagree. Aside from being a good FG and kickoff guy, he's also Miami's punter and a very good one. I'm not saying he would be a punter for the Steelers, but it's nice insurance to have if Sepulveda were to go down during a game (like already happened once). I liked Bosher, then I saw him live at the Pitt/Miami game. The ball just jumps off his foot.
    That is a very good point Darnik about Bosher.....D-Sep is having a great year but like you said if he did happen to get hurt during a game then the Steelers would be screwed.......I would be all for the drafting of Bosher.....I'm tired of Reed and he isn't worth the money him and his agent are seeking......

Of course kicking field goals is always tricky in Heinz Field but you would have to start grooming a replacement for Reed some time what better time then next year with a guy that can kick field goals and kick-off.....then incase of injury to Sepulveda be the punter to.........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That is a very good point Darnik about Bosher.....D-Sep is having a great year but like you said if he did happen to get hurt during a game then the Steelers would be screwed.......I would be all for the drafting of Bosher.....I'm tired of Reed and he isn't worth the money him and his agent are seeking......

Of course kicking field goals is always tricky in Heinz Field but you would have to start grooming a replacement for Reed some time what better time then next year with a guy that can kick field goals and kick-off.....then incase of injury to Sepulveda be the punter to.........
    That's the thing about Reed. He's perhaps the only kicker on this earth who understands how to kick at Heinz Field. He's a clown, there's no question. But I do think the Steelers could have handled things better with him. Such an issue was made about his kick off's and it was warented. You have to give him credit for working on the problem and correcting it. As far as his misses go this year, I think he has to be given the benefit of the doubt because of the distance and situation.

Starter
    darnik, don't you think though after watching what happened with smith going down last year and the progress (or lack thereof) of ziggy that we could use another DE?

seems like there are four guys who can come in and play that rare position this year ..

value arguments aside, you really don't see it as a need ?
    Last edited by andyg1984; 10-07-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Thread Information