Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a win Sunday stick a fork in the Ratbirds division title chances??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Will a win Sunday stick a fork in the Ratbirds division title chances??

Now I know it's only 4 games into this season and the season is broken down into quarters but what is everyone's opinion on this should the Steelers beat the Ravens this Sunday and move to 4-0 and put the Ravens at 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers in the division with the first head to head tiebraker in hand? I think psychologically if the Ravens dont win this game it will be a huge huge blow to them seeing that they lost to the Steelers without Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers also have yet to lose a game without Ben in the lineup as well so far this season. If your the Ravens you just cannot afford to go down 2 full games in this division this early on in the season as good and dominating as the Steelers have looked so far.

The Ravens have already lost to the Bengals as well 2 weeks ago and in my opinion just like the Bengals do the Ravens have a lot more tougher games still on their schedule then the Steelers do. The Ravens still have to go to New England,and go to Atlanta and play the Saints late in the year,while the Bengals have to go to Indy,the Jets,Atlanta,and at the Steelers as well later in the year. The Steelers meanwhile still have 5 games to play against teams that have yet to win a game so far this season. They have 2 games still with the Browns, and one each with the Bills,Carolina,and Oakland. If the Steelers keep this kind of play up where they dominate on defense and especially with Ben coming back and the Browns due up next after the bye week and possibly 5-0 staring the Steelers right in the face that will be very very tough for the Ravens to overcome. I said this in another thread and I will say it again if the Ravens dont beat the Steelers this Sunday at Heinz Field their chances of still winning the AFC North really really will take a major major hit...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 09-27-2010 at 04:50 PM.

no, plain and simple. still a lot of football left to be played after week 4, regardless of the outcome

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    no, plain and simple. still a lot of football left to be played after week 4, regardless of the outcome
    Alright well that's your opinion but I am going to say yes and definitely yes especially if the Steelers dont have any serious injuries on defense to key players like Troy,Smith,Harrison etc... the rest of the way. With Ben coming back and still a lot of winnable games left on the schedule and the Ravens with Flacco being as inconsistent as he is it will make it very very tough for the Ravens to make up that kind of deficit this early into the season. They wont do it plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Alright well that's your opinion but I am going to say yes and definitely yes especially if the Steelers dont have any serious injuries on defense to key players like Troy,Smith,Harrison etc... the rest of the way. With Ben coming back and still a lot of winnable games left on the schedule and the Ravens with Flacco being as inconsistent as he is it will make it very very tough for the Ravens to make up that kind of deficit this early into the season. They wont do it plain and simple...
    i'm just saying week 4 is way too early to bury anybody. things change so rapidly from week to week. take last year for instance.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think we've learned from last year that every second matters. Until we've clenched a playoff spot I won't feel safe.

lets not forget the tough three game road trip after the browns. all three are very capable teams.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If the Steelers will Sunday it will hurt the Ravens chances for sure but I wouldn't say they would be totally dead........Crazy things can always happen in the NFL........

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by twag View Post
    lets not forget the tough three game road trip after the browns. all three are very capable teams.
    All three teams your speaking of the Dolphins,Saints and Bengals are all formiddable opponents no doubt,and while all 3 of these teams on the road will all be very tough games all 3 of these teams can be beat and are by no means world beaters. The Dolphins just lost to the Jets last night and Im still not afraid of their offense and dont see them doing much against the Steelers defense,the Saints while they are the defending champs and still have a great offense lost in OT yesterday to the same Falcons team the Steelers beat on opening day and only gave up 9 points too. Plus, Reggie Bush has a broken ankle and probably still will not be ready for the game on Halloween when they play the Steelers. And the Bengals still despite having both TO and Ocho Stinko are still struggling on offense and Carson Palmer just has not looked very good at all so far throwing the football. If the Steelers are completely healthy on both offense and defense for this key 3 game road stretch then I see them going no worse then 2-1 in those 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    And the Bengals still despite having both TO and Ocho Stinko are still struggling on offense and Carson Palmer just has not looked very good at all so far throwing the football. If the Steelers are completely healthy on both offense and defense for this key 3 game road stretch then I see them going no worse then 2-1 in those 3 games.
    Carson Palmer is a shadow of his former self. People are saying he just needs to get on same page as all his new receivers. Yeah, maybe, but he's certainly no "elite" quarterback anymore.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Carson Palmer is a shadow of his former self. People are saying he just needs to get on same page as all his new receivers. Yeah, maybe, but he's certainly no "elite" quarterback anymore.
    Palmer stinks in my opinion and always folds in the big games when everything is on the line. When the Bengals do beat the Steelers he is usually not the reason why it's usually the Bengals defense more times then not. Ill say this much while Palmer might not yet be on the same page and doing just enough to beat teams like Carolina yesterday and this week when they play the Browns he and the Bengals will not beat the Steelers with him playing half-*** the way he is now...He needs to pick up his game if the Bengals expect to beat the Steelers and win this division. Through 3 games so far TO and Ocho Cinco have 1 touchdown between the both of them which will not get it done for the Bengals once the competition gets tougher for them as the season moves along...

Thread Information