Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions from a Colts fan

Bookmark and Share
    1st of all, welcome to the site! I think you're our first Colts fan.

As for the game last year, I thought we had a chance, because I figured we'd be mad and want to avenge the embarrasing loss in the regular season game, but I was surprised how well we played. And then everyone criticized Manning for talking about the "protection problems" but hey, it was the truth. It's hard to throw TD passes when you're getting hit almost as soon as the ball is snapped.

And as for the playoffs, the key is to get on a roll at the right time. I actually think the Colts' recent losses are a good thing, because now they can't afford to get complacent. Each game from now on just got alot more important.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DalTXColtsFan View Post
    Greetings Steelers fans,

1) How did you guys feel about the Steelers' chances going into the playoffs last year? How confident were you that you'd be the first #6 seed to defeat the #1 seed, despite the shellacking they were dealt in the RS on MNF? I'll be honest with you, I didn't think the Steelers had a chance.

2) How do you guys feel about that, having won the SuperBowl and being in the midst of the season where you're not even going to make the playoffs without a miracle? Is it a condolence for this season that they won the big dance last year? Do you feel like you'll be right back in contention next year?

Here's to ya!

Question #1 - Honestly, in my heart of hearts, I knew when we beat the Bungals in the WC game we would be going to the Superbowl...... Then my next devine intervention came in the Colts game. Just the way that whole thing unfolded .... the fumble, the tackle, the missed FG ..... I kid you not, that's when I knew we were going to win the Super Bowl.

Question #2 - I think the realists knew that there was a real possibility of a let down this year knowing that Bus wouldn't be back and also some of the other personnel moves that took place. Not to mention, when you're the champ .... even the worst teams give you their best game, so its hard to stay on top. That answer also addresses your question around what is better, being a high profile team or coming in under the radar ....... under the radar no doubt.

I think we could have been at or near the top had Roethlisbergers misfortune not took place. No biggie .... we will be competitive again next year barring any unforseen events like this year.

Thread Information