Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions from a Colts fan

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Questions from a Colts fan

Greetings Steelers fans,

I want you all to know that I still have not completely recovered from the shocking, crushing, devastating defeat dealt the Colts by the Steelers last year. I was worried all offseason that once the regular season started for us, that every time the Colts won a big game I'd be like, who cares? They'll just blow it in the playoffs. I'm happy to report that I have enjoyed every single game this year - even got to attend the Colts/Cowboys game live. You can't help but enjoy a win over the Pats no matter when or where it happens, can you

How did you guys feel about the Steelers' chances going into the playoffs last year? How confident were you that you'd be the first #6 seed to defeat the #1 seed, despite the shellacking they were dealt in the RS on MNF? I'll be honest with you, I didn't think the Steelers had a chance.

On the Colts forum, there's often debate about whether it's better to be a team like the Colts who makes the playoffs and contends every single year than to be a team like the Bucs who wins the SuperBowl and then immediately slips into horribledom for a few years.

How do you guys feel about that, having won the SuperBowl and being in the midst of the season where you're not even going to make the playoffs without a miracle? Is it a condolence for this season that they won the big dance last year? Do you feel like you'll be right back in contention next year?

Here's to ya!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll tell you that is was great to win a Super Bowl but this year has stunk!...lol The Steelers have pretty much been in the playoffs year after year for the past 15 seasons so the few times they haven't made it aren't fun at all!

As far as the playoffs last year I thought the Steelers had a good chance. They were playing well at the end of the year which is where you want to be playing your best. We knew we could beat the Bengals even though it wouldn't be an easy game. To be honest the Colts game was the one that worried me the most but I thought if we got by that game we had a great chance.

It's sucks knowing that the Steelers need a miracle to make it the playoffs because now it looks like they have finally got rid of the hangover from the SB and are playing good football again! I'm happy they won it last year so I can live with this off year because the Steelers will be back in the playoffs for sure next year!

As for the Colts game last year, I had felt good about the game and the Steelers chances. Had the Steelers won that Monday night game earlier in the year I definitely wouldn't have felt as good as I did. I think the Colts thought since they had already beaten the Steelers once at home they could do it again so they overlooked us just a little bit.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Welcome to SA DalTX. After the Steelers comeback run I was very confident going into the playoffs. You could see the energy in the team and how hungry they were. I think with all that happened in the offseason things could be worse. Granted I'm not thrilled with this season. But you look at a season like 2003. We were 6-10 with Tommy Maddox. Absolutely horrible season. We draft Ben in the offseason and come back the next year 15-1. The Steelers always come back. They will get themselves a nice first rounder, fill some needs like LB, and come back strong.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by DalTXColtsFan View Post
    Greetings Steelers fans,

I want you all to know that I still have not completely recovered from the shocking, crushing, devastating defeat dealt the Colts by the Steelers last year. I was worried all offseason that once the regular season started for us, that every time the Colts won a big game I'd be like, who cares? They'll just blow it in the playoffs. I'm happy to report that I have enjoyed every single game this year - even got to attend the Colts/Cowboys game live. You can't help but enjoy a win over the Pats no matter when or where it happens, can you

How did you guys feel about the Steelers' chances going into the playoffs last year? How confident were you that you'd be the first #6 seed to defeat the #1 seed, despite the shellacking they were dealt in the RS on MNF? I'll be honest with you, I didn't think the Steelers had a chance.

On the Colts forum, there's often debate about whether it's better to be a team like the Colts who makes the playoffs and contends every single year than to be a team like the Bucs who wins the SuperBowl and then immediately slips into horribledom for a few years.

How do you guys feel about that, having won the SuperBowl and being in the midst of the season where you're not even going to make the playoffs without a miracle? Is it a condolence for this season that they won the big dance last year? Do you feel like you'll be right back in contention next year?

Here's to ya!

personally at first when the losing was happening i was pretty pissed, but then after awhile i said hey, we won the superbowl so it ain't that bad.......but i don't think we'll be like the bucs or rams......we are still a title contending team......just so much has happened to us this year that we didn't have the heart to overcome it.....next year we'll be back contending........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Mathematically, we are still in contention and hoping a whole bunch of teams lose, we may be there again, stranger things have happened.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no better feeling than being the 6th seed and ousting everybody out of the playoffs on our way to the title. I tell ya it's almost easier to be the 6th seed because nobody expects anything from you and all the hype and publicity from the media is on the top seeded teams so you can go in and take care of business and they never know what hit them.

That being said I wouldnt want to be 6th seed and have to get in the way we did last year; on a regular basis because that's a tough road to travel but it can be done as you know. Although for us we seem to do better on the road so that scenario for us last year was perfect so if it meant a SB title every year then yeah we'd do it again

This season does suck because we had such high hopes bringing back most of the team from last year and we just haven't done much of anything to speak of until the last 3 weeks. This is the same point in time when we started our run last year but we were 7-5 then and now we're 6-7 with the way AFC is the playoffs seem to be barely a flicker of hope...but yes it does give us hope for next year because we did it last year and we know the reasons why we flopped this year so we have a chance to come back hungrier and more determined than ever after having won SBXL.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-08-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Having been on both sides of the argument with the 15-1 season and then the 11-5 season w/ a super bowl win I say I think its better for the team to not nessecarily be the odds on favorite. If I had a choice I would want to clinch the division in the last few weeks playing well down the stretch and get a 3-4 seed. Home Field is nice but I definatley know that it doesnt mean an automatic win and can make the team a little too overconfidnet lol.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's amazing how many top seeds in the AFC havent gone to the SB in the last several years. Just goes to show whoever is hot at the right time can do some serious damage in the post season.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I though we had a good chance you never think yourteam will lose

Thread Information