Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing the first 6 games at 1 o clock I believe helps the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Playing the first 6 games at 1 o clock I believe helps the Steelers...

Now I know some people might think this is a bunch of crap but I really believe that when you play the same time in the NFL week after week like the Steelers have done so far the first 3 games and will continue to do the next 3 games it helps you stay the course and keep the same routine week in and week out. It's not like last year when they had to open on Thursday night and then play back to back 4 o clock games with the Bears and Bengals and then turn around and play another Sunday night game against the Chargers the following week. The Steelers arent sitting around waiting all day to play my point is at different times every week and I just think they are really set in their routine now playing all these early 1 o clock games so far this season. Call me crazy but I think this makes a big difference. The Steelers now do not have to travel and get on an airplane again until another month on October 24th when they go back to Florida and play the Dolphins and that is a very very good thing right now seeing that the Steelers are 3-0...

Living in Europe I would agree with all Steelers games kicking off at 1pm

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sure it does, no doubt. NFL players and coaches are creatures of habit. They like doing the same routine week in and week out. Being able get up early, get to the game, play it, and be home with their families in the evening is nice. Even an away game today, the players will be home with their families for a late dinner if they want. Playing in primetime is always nice, don't get me wrong, and we know the players love the big stage but there is something to be said for sticking to a normal schedule.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-26-2010 at 06:01 PM.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Sure it does, no doubt. NFL players and coaches are creatures of habit. They like doing the same routine week in and week out. Being able get up early, get to the game, play it, and be home with their families in the evening is nice. Even an afternoon game today, the players will be home with their families for a late dinner if they want. Playing in primetime is always nice, don't get me wrong, and we know the players love the big stage but there is something to be said for sticking to a normal schedule.
    Im with you BRC I think it has helped the Steelers so far in a big way through the first 3 games and hopefully it can keep up for the next 3 games which are at 1 as well. After that they will then play 3 straight games on primetime with the Saints,Bengals and Patriots which should also help them get their routine for that stretch as well when the time comes...

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I would like them to play at 1pm every week...routine is the best for everyone, football players included. When they switch to later start times it throws off game day rituals. Imagine going to work every day at 8am and then covering a second shift...my work day ritual would totally be off and my day would be shot. I need coffee at 6am SHARP or I do not function appropriately and make mistakes during the workday, I do not know why it would be any different for them
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like the 1pm games too, I can watch the game and get most of the updates to the site done before dinner usually

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I'm sure going to hate that stretch of 3 late-night weeks in a row later this season. I enjoy those games, but three in a row!!

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Just keep playing that style of D and we will have no problem....

When we win number 7 the MVP will be the ENTIRE D!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Im with you BRC I think it has helped the Steelers so far in a big way through the first 3 games and hopefully it can keep up for the next 3 games which are at 1 as well. After that they will then play 3 straight games on primetime with the Saints,Bengals and Patriots which should also help them get their routine for that stretch as well when the time comes...
    I totally agree. Establishing a routine can only help the team stay focused and it really allows the young guys to see what things SHOULD be like even when times will change in the future.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I agree it's good to have a consistent schedule, but man we always play tough in primetime games. I'm happy either way!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information