Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting September stat for the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

An interesting September stat for the Steelers...

The last 3 seasons since Mike Tomlin has taken over as the Head Coach of the Steelers they have lost a road game in September to an NFC team and all 3 times they did lose it was their first loss of the season. Here are the results to prove it. The Steelers were 3-0 in 2007 Tomlin's first season when they lost to the Cardinals in Arizona, they were 2-0 in 2008 the year they won the Super Bowl when they lost in Philadelphia to the Eagles,and they were 1-0 last season when they lost to the Bears in Chicago. So the question remains will the Mike Tomlin trend of dropping the first game of the season on the road to NFC team in September continue this Sunday in Tampa Bay? I dont think it will I just cant see the Steelers losing this game, but I will admit when I thought about this stat it made me a little more nervous about this game in Tampa then I originally was...

Interesting. I don't think it applies this week though with the history between Coach T and the Bucs

Great Point, and where did you get that stat from????? If you just thought about it and came up with it WOW your doing some great brainstorming, called like 5 of my steeler friends and told them this stat and they where all like OMG how did you know that, ( I credited you with it)

ive noticed the struggles early against NFC teams, mostly because when they occur they dont effect our standing as much as a loss to a conference or division opponent

My Mood
    Addicted
    We are gonna confuse the Bucs qb like we did VY last week...end of story!

I guarantee you that if we had Troy vs the Bears we would've won that game and broken the streak then. Reed missing two FGs and Carter getting picked on is what killed us vs the Bears.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEyeZ View Post
    Great Point, and where did you get that stat from????? If you just thought about it and came up with it WOW your doing some great brainstorming, called like 5 of my steeler friends and told them this stat and they where all like OMG how did you know that, ( I credited you with it)
    Yes I knew about it and came up with it all by myself from just thinking back to September football the last 3 seasons. As everybody on this site knows I like to breakdown numbers and scenarios and can go on for days sometimes lol...Thanks for the compliment though glad I could get that stat out to you and your Steeler friends...

--- Added 9/23/2010 at 08:31 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ive noticed the struggles early against NFC teams, mostly because when they occur they dont effect our standing as much as a loss to a conference or division opponent
    Well this game against Tampa is very important in my eyes because it will continue to put pressure on the Bengals to win knowing that Ben will be back after the Ravens game and it will also put an enormous amount of pressure on the Ravens coming into Heinz Field next weekend for a huge early season divisional showdown. People can say it's early all they want and that's fine but if the Steelers do win this week and go to 3-0 and then beat the Ravens next week and go to 4-0 with the tiebraker in hand and put the Ravens at 2-2 since they will probably beat the Browns this week then the Ravens chances of winning the AFC North and catching the Steelers is going to be a huge uphill climb for them. That's why this win versus Tampa is so important is because it will put an absolute ton of pressure on the Ravens to come into Heinz Field and win next Sunday...

I still have the lingering effects of last years games vs. oakland, KC & cleveland swirling around in the back of my head..... This team has started off great this year, but IMO this week's 'should win' game will say alot to me. Let's hope this stat doesn't hold true this week.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The last 3 seasons since Mike Tomlin has taken over as the Head Coach of the Steelers they have lost a road game in September to an NFC team and all 3 times they did lose it was their first loss of the season. Here are the results to prove it. The Steelers were 3-0 in 2007 Tomlin's first season when they lost to the Cardinals in Arizona, they were 2-0 in 2008 the year they won the Super Bowl when they lost in Philadelphia to the Eagles,and they were 1-0 last season when they lost to the Bears in Chicago. So the question remains will the Mike Tomlin trend of dropping the first game of the season on the road to NFC team in September continue this Sunday in Tampa Bay? I dont think it will I just cant see the Steelers losing this game, but I will admit when I thought about this stat it made me a little more nervous about this game in Tampa then I originally was...
    Steelers are known for blazing a path into unknown territory. They will win and break their streak.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers win Sunday 17-3......I just don't see this defense allowing the Bucs to generate that much offense to be a threat......I have a feeling the Panthers knock off the Bengals.....Just a hunch on my part.......I know Clausen is making his first NFL start but the Panthers running game has been quiet so far.......I think Williams and Stewart go off this week.......

--- Added 9/23/2010 at 09:57 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    I still have the lingering effects of last years games vs. oakland, KC & cleveland swirling around in the back of my head..... This team has started off great this year, but IMO this week's 'should win' game will say alot to me. Let's hope this stat doesn't hold true this week.
    But the defense was without Troy and Aaron during that stretch.....The special teams were not very special either......The defense has a healthy Troy and Aaron.....Timmons is playing out of this mind and really stepped up his game....Harrison and Woodley really are unblockable right now....McFadden is an upgrade over Willie Gay......

Not to mention the special teams have been better with a TD of their own and havn't gave up any TD's.......knock on wood.....

Thread Information