Thread: Starks, Hampton on track to return this Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Starks, Hampton on track to return this Sunday

Hampton, Starks should return to lineup for Steelers

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nose tackle Casey Hampton and left tackle Max Starks are on course to return to the starting lineup Sunday when the Steelers visit the Buccaneers. Hampton didn't play last Sunday against the Titans because of a hamstring injury. Starks was sidelined by a sprained ankle. Hampton, Tomlin said yesterday, "has looked really good in terms of getting himself ready to go this week." Starks, he added, is expected to participate fully in practice today.
    » Even if Starks does not experience any setbacks this week, the Steelers could be without one of their starting offensive linemen at Tampa Bay. Right guard Trai Essex has a sprained left ankle and is questionable for the 1 p.m. game. Essex wore a protective boot on the injured ankle yesterday at the Steelers' practice facility. If he is unable to play against the Buccaneers, Doug Legursky will start at right guard.
    "Happy with where that young man is," Tomlin said of Legursky.
    » Outside linebacker Jason Worilds and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders are expected to practice today, Tomlin said, after missing the last game with shoulder and quadriceps injuries, respectively. Sanders played in the regular-season opener, but he may have a tough time making the active roster Sunday. Antonio Brown dressed in his place against the Titans and returned the opening kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown. "He made a pretty good case (to play in Tampa)," Tomlin said of Brown, "but I can be a tough guy to work with sometimes, so we will see how the week unfolds."
    » Wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, who starred as a quarterback in college at Indiana, will again serve as the Steelers' emergency signal-caller Sunday. "We also have Arnaz Battle, who was a quarterback at Notre Dame, and Hines (Ward) threw for (more than) 400 yards in the Peach Bowl one year," Tomlin said. Tomlin, able to poke a little fun at the Steelers' lack of depth at quarterback, added, "We've got options."
    This is great news, we definitely need them back. With Hoke getting his bell rung last weekend and the way that Hills and Scott got owned, I can't wait to get these 2 back. This also shows that our depth is once again suspect on the OL. Granted the Titans defense is good and they are well coached so the young guys got a good lesson in how it's done.

Getting hampton and Starks back is great news, just for line depth to deal with the heat!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Indeed, even if it rains in Tampa this Sunday Im quite certain the rotation will be just as heavy as last week with all that humidity. Plus getting Starks back will allow Heath to not have to be over in support on the left side so much.

My Mood
    no mood
    Yes this is a great news. Rotations will be the key again this week.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Yeeee Haaaa!

Now I can finally bitch about Starks again! lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layin the wood View Post
    Getting hampton and Starks back is great news, just for line depth to deal with the heat!!
    Getting them ready for the big game against the Ravens too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I can't tell from the NFL network injury wire...are they playing?
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes both are playing and starting today. Legursky is starting at RG as well. Foster is active in reserve too.

Thread Information