Thread: Hopefully the Steelers will learn from last season...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Hopefully the Steelers will learn from last season...

And not take a team like Tampa Bay for granted. The Bucs I believe despite their 2-0 record are still an inferior team and not very good and the Steelers need to use what happened to them last year in the games they lost to inferior teams such as the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns as motivation this week so what happened to them in those games last season doesnt happen to them this week as well. As we all know from last year nothing is a sure win and I believe the Steelers took all 3 of those teams they lost too for granted last year. They simply cannot afford to do that this week in Tampa Bay especially without Ben still not being in there and this offense continuing to struggle without a passing game. The bottom line is this is a game where the Steelers need to come out early and often and put the Bucs out of their misery and do not let them hang around and give them any kind of life. You saw them do this way too many times last season in those games with the Chiefs,Raiders,Browns,and even the Bears and it came back to haunt the Steelers big time. The Steelers simply put MUST win this game against the Bucs and there will be no excuse for losing this game to a team like Tampa who despite their 2-0 record is still not as good and talented as the Steelers are. I believe the Steelers will learn from those losses last year this week and win this game against the Bucs without much of a problem...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    43 you make a solid point but I think this defense was some what embarrassed by their performance last year and came into this season with a chip on their shoulder......They have that look of a very special defense so far.....

Plus Troy and Aaron are back healthy........Plus McFadden is back and is a perfect fit for this defense which allows Willie Gay to go back to his nickel role which he is solid at......Gay proved he isn't a 16 game starter at the NFL level but he is ok as a nickel guy......

Not to mention Lawrence Timmons has stepped up his game and is really playing lights out as well......Just all around this defense is scary......

Without Hampton yesterday they took Chris Johnson's heart and made him quit....You could tell in the 2nd half Johnson had enough of the pounding he took....Let me reference Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard here....The Steelers defense made Chris Johnson say NO MAS.........lol

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I look for Steelers to win this game something like 24-10. Giving the Bucs 10 points against this defense I believe is being very generous as well. The Steelers always seem to play well down in Tampa and have had two very good performances on defense the last 2 times they have played down in Tampa Bay in 2001 and the following year in 2002.

Rookie Free Agent
    If you expect to win any gold, you MUST beat the teams you're supposed to beat. Our D was able to shut down two elite running backs in Michael Turner & Chris Johnson. Matt Ryan & Vince Young are widely considered up-and-coming superstars, and they were made to look mediocre at best. Josh Freeman & Cadillac Williams SHOULDN'T be much trouble. But there's always that wild card team (I don't mean in the playoffs) thats down & out and has nothing to lose, and every team - even the Steelers - lay an egg once a year. I doubt it'll be this week that happens, but after last year, you never can be too sure about anything in the NFL.

If you live in Pittsburgh, you've heard the media BASHING Mike Tomlin on his post game comments. He basically said the team was "frankly a little annoyed" by the media reporting its "pre-mature DEATH". The local media was butt-hurt by these comments and have been giving MT a hard time all week. I think MT is trying to rile this team up because for the first time this season they are a favorite to win. We all know this is the type of game where we had letdowns in the past.

The fact is, the team is reponding to this kind of talk. MT knows it! James Farrior told the media, Mike is pissed that about what they write and he takes it out on the team all week. And, inturn, they take it out on the opponent. Say what you want about "unleashing hell" and the things MT says in the media, but its working right now. And atleast he isnt Mike Singletery.

F the media!

Never take any team for granted in the NFL but i agree that the Steelers should win by at least 14 points!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Steelers defense should be able to score a TD and get another 3 turnovers this game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information