Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers schedule the rest of the way...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers schedule the rest of the way...

Now I know it's only 2 games into the season and it might be way too premature to say this at all especially after what happened last year with the Steelers losing to teams like Oakland,KC,and Cleveland when everybody and their mother thought they would all be W's. But so far this defense and this Steelers team through 2 games just looks like a different team and a team that is hell bent on proving people wrong and showing that they are back judging by Tomlin's comments in the post game press conference yesterday. The Steelers are playing with a huge huge chip on their shoulder. With all the being said, the schedule the rest of the way for the Steelers aside from that tough 4 game stretch in late October with the 3 straight road games in Miami,New Orleans,and Cincy, followed by the home game here with the Patriots does not look very tough at all. There are still 2 games with the Browns,Oakland at home,at Buffalo,home against Carolina,and even this week's game in Tampa Bay I dont think will be as hard as some people think because Tampa Bay is not as good as their 2-0 record.

The game this week in Tampa will be huge because a win puts the Steelers at 3-0 and whether the Ravens win or lose this week against the Browns it will really really put the pressure on the Ravens to win that game here in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. The Steelers could essentially go up 3 games on the Ravens who I believe are the real competition in this division not the Bengals if they beat Tampa this week and beat the Ravens next week and move to 4-0. And like I said above if you start 4-0 without Ben and you still have 2 games remaining with the Browns,Oakland,Buffalo,and Carolina along with most of your tough games at home such as the Pats,Jets,and Bengals the Steelers are going to be sitting very very pretty heading into the last 12 games of the season. A win in Tampa this week is huge though and it will really put the heat on the Ravens coming in here with Interception Flacco having to face this defense the following week.

baby steps man! Great write up, but I need a few more weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I agree 100%!!!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Yep! I love the enthusiasm but history has taught us an injury to the wrong player at any given time can kill momentum. One game at a time!
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Yep! I love the enthusiasm but history has taught us an injury to the wrong player at any given time can kill momentum. One game at a time!
    Its too early, but I love the enthusiasm

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I love 43's write ups, after every week we get an indepth breakdown of what the season looks like usually before the big media outlets have it.

A million and one things can change but it's fun to think about how things can turn out and what needs to happen for the Steelers to stay in the best shape for the post season.

I think about how badly Ben wants to get back in there and play with an edge to compliment the D's edge. It could be a thing of beauty!

I think about how badly Ben wants to get back in there and play with an edge to compliment the D's edge. It could be a thing of beauty!
    IF the defense can continue to be atleast solid (they have been LIGHTS out, i just want SOLID) i think Ben can come back and personally challange this Offense to match the play of this defense! And that has exciting possibilities.

Banned
    I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today.... When Ben comes back, this team is gonna be scary. Not only will our passing game open up, but that will cause the running game to as well. Mendy has been running real hard with all of the focus on him, and he's looked good. If he's looked good with no threat of a passing game, just imagine how good he can be once defenses have to account for Ben and the receivers and not be able to stack the box....

Thinking about it gets me excited as f*ck...

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today.... When Ben comes back, this team is gonna be scary. Not only will our passing game open up, but that will cause the running game to as well. Mendy has been running real hard with all of the focus on him, and he's looked good. If he's looked good with no threat of a passing game, just imagine how good he can be once defenses have to account for Ben and the receivers and not be able to stack the box....

Thinking about it gets me excited as f*ck...
    Sounds gay, but it gives me chills to even think about it!

Thread Information