Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Randle El...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Randle El...

Maybe it's just me but he just does not look like the same player he was when he with the Steelers when he first began his career. He looks slow on punt returns and so far he is dropping way too many balls for my liking. I really hope the Steelers continue to use Brown and Sanders more and more in the passing game especially when Ben comes back because they are going to need them. Randle El for my money so far is just not cutting it from what I have seen from him in these first 2 games. The Steelers need to start using him less and less as the season goes on and start using Brown and Sanders a lot more.

El slower than slow... He looked slow on offense and even slower on punt returns. There is NO quick twitch there at all.
    When Brown and/or Sanders get up to speed they HAVE to be used more.

At least have Battle play, is he hurt still?

ARE is just no good, and it's a shame because there are other players that will run laps around him!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    At least have Battle play, is he hurt still?
    I was wondering the same thing Battle can add a lot more in my opinion to the lineup as a receiver then Randle El could...Randle El really adds nothing in my opinion to be quite blunt about it and I think him being in there as the 3rd wide receiver now actually hurts the Steelers passing game more then it helps it. Tomlin at some point needs to realize this and start using Sanders,Brown,and even Battle more then he uses Randle El because right now El is just way too many more touches then he should be getting...

1 touch is too many for El...
    From what I saw on Sunday there is about 0% chance of El ever breaking a tackle again. He has nothing to offer really. Just a familiar face that the coaches feel comfortable with... They're obsession with experience is coming at the expense of Brown and Sanders.

Banned
    Antwaan Randle El and Mewelde Moore should never see another snap as Pittsburgh Steelers. Theyve done some good things for us in the past but right now, they are just liabilities whenever they are on the field.....

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    1 touch is too many for El...
    From what I saw on Sunday there is about 0% chance of El ever breaking a tackle again. He has nothing to offer really. Just a familiar face that the coaches feel comfortable with... They're obsession with experience is coming at the expense of Brown and Sanders.
    im all for Brown and Sanders in more, but lets get Sylvester on the field... Sly needs to play more..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Moore is still a big asset to this team, he's the only back we have with any NFL experience other than Mendenhall. I like what Moore does as a change of pace, 3rd down back.

As far as ARE, this is something we all should have known already and we discussed at length at various times when he was brought back. El was brought in to stablize the WR corps since Holmes was gone and there was no experience at that position other than Ward, and Wallace going into his 2nd year. It made total sense to bring him back at a fair price to help out in the return game and atleast be able to contribute in the passing game if the young guys don't catch on quickly. Remember, Wallace was/is still an unknown as to how he will play this year.

Sanders and Brown have HUGE potential and I'd love to see them get more offensive snaps. It's a safe bet that Brown has secured the kickoff return job, he was doing very well. Perhaps Sanders will get some reps in the punt return game, who knows yet. I fully expect both of those guys to be on the field regularly on offense by mid season. Ben will have had some games to get used to playing with them, and ARE will be more than likely a reserve at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Moore is still a big asset to this team, he's the only back we have with any NFL experience other than Mendenhall. I like what Moore does as a change of pace, 3rd down back.
    -Running Moore between the tackles is foolish. 3rd down receiver out of the backfield (check down) maybe. But that should be it. Dress Dwyer to spell Mendy and run up the middle, or use Redman more. Moore goes between the tackles and he gets BLOWN up. Stupid Arians.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Sanders and Brown have HUGE potential and I'd love to see them get more offensive snaps. It's a safe bet that Brown has secured the kickoff return job, he was doing very well. Perhaps Sanders will get some reps in the punt return game, who knows yet. I fully expect both of those guys to be on the field regularly on offense by mid season. Ben will have had some games to get used to playing with them, and ARE will be more than likely a reserve at that point.
    Let's hope this comes true.

Thread Information