Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Synopsis of the team's performance as a whole

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    2nd String harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    636

    Synopsis of the team's performance as a whole

    Good morning guys....

    Since I only saw what was shown on NFL Redzone (thank you Comcast), and what I saw in my fantasy football stats (I have the Steeler's defense ), I didn't see the game in its entirety like a lot of you (I live in Atlanta). I was wondering if one of you guys can give a synopsis on the team's performance as a whole. Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,883
    dude, try one of these next week.


    Georgia
    T.J.'s Sports Bar & Grill 2880 Holcomb Bridge Road Alpharetta, GA 30022-1609
    Black Bear Tavern 1931 Peachtree Rd. Atlanta, GA 30309-1230
    Fox Sports 17th St Atlanta, GA
    Hudson Grille 4046 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30319-3006
    Laseter;s Tavern at Vinings 4355 Cobb Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339-3887
    Smith's Olde Bar 1578 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324-5232
    The Arizona Pub 130 Arizona Ave. Atlanta, GA 30307
    Twisted Taco 4629 Wieuca Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342-3307
    Twisted Taco 66 12th St Atlanta, GA 30309-3831
    Wild Wing Cafe 3035 Washington Rd August, GA 30907-3829
    Robbie's Sports Pub 2834 Washington Rd. Augusta, GA 30909-2140
    Somewhere in Augusta 2701 Washington Rd Augusta , GA 30909-2286
    Jeffrey's Sports Grill 6332 Grand Hickory Drive Braselton, GA 30517
    Twisted Tavern 4450 Nelson Brogdon Blvd Buford, GA 30518-3447
    The Sports Page 5736 Veterans Pkwy Columbus , GA 31904-9060
    Beef O'Brady's Freedom Pkwy Cumming , GA 30040
    Coach's Corner at Stars & Strikes 133 Merchant Sq Cumming, GA 30040-2731
    Indigo Joe's Sports Bar and Restaurant 872 Buford Hwy Cumming, GA 30041-2716
    Three Dollar Cafe 1485 Peachtree Pkwy Cumming, GA 30041-0500
    Bonz 2123 Fairburn Rd Douglasville, GA 30135-1037
    Barnacle's 2125 Market Street NW Duluth, GA 30096-4716
    Barnacles 2125 Market Street Duluth, GA 30096-4716
    Uptown Sports Bar & Grill 2787 Main Street East Point, GA 30344-6941
    Grand Stand Bar & Grill 11346 Tara Blvd Hampton, GA 30228-6229
    Sidelines Grille 800 Earnest Barret Pkwy Kennesaw, GA
    Buffalo Wild Wings 125 Barrett Parkway Marietta, GA 30066-3331
    Delkwood Grill 2769 Delk Rd. Marietta, GA 30067-6204
    3 Dollar Cafe Hwy 20/81 McDonough, GA 30253-2344
    Applebee's Bar & Grill 815 Industrial Blvd. McDonough, GA 30253-6616
    Beef O' Brady's 100 N Peachtree Pkwy Peachtree City, GA 30269-1729
    Y-Knot Sports Bar 216 Northlake Dr Peachtreecity, GA 30269-1437
    Dicks Wings & Grill 139 City Smitty Dr Saint Mary's, GA 31558-8908
    Locos Grill and Pub 2463 Demere Rd Saint Simons Island, GA 31522-5638
    Charlie Mopps Public House 5830 Roswell Rd Sandy Springs, GA 30328-4906
    Coach's Corner 3016 E. Victory Lane Savannah, GA 31404-3924
    Kaysons Grille and Bar 3150 Highland Parkway Smyrna, GA 30082-7258
    Duggan's Memorial Drive Stone Mountain, GA
    CJ's Pub & Pool 1201 Baytree Rd Valdosta, GA 31602-2752
    JR Rockers Robins Air Force Base Warner Robins, GA

  3. #3
    Draft Pick Layin the wood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilliard,Ohio
    Posts
    235
    Defense played lights out,the offense played just enough to get a W. As a whole i give the team an A-!!!!

  4. #4
    2nd String Root4Stlrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    827

    Game

    We watched it at a local Steelers bar and it was great. The people on here can do a much better synopsis than I can but I want to say that there was one thing that stuck out for me (other than the defense which was fantastic). At one point there were 5 OL players out there, none of whom started for the Steelers last year: It was Hills, Legursky, Pouncey, Adams, and Foster, I believe, but was hard to keep up with because the linemen kept dropping like flies because of the heat and injuries (Essex hurt his ankle). The only one who played every snap on offense was Pouncey.

  5. #5
    2nd String harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    dude, try one of these next week.


    Georgia
    T.J.'s Sports Bar & Grill 2880 Holcomb Bridge Road Alpharetta, GA 30022-1609
    Black Bear Tavern 1931 Peachtree Rd. Atlanta, GA 30309-1230
    Fox Sports 17th St Atlanta, GA
    Hudson Grille 4046 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30319-3006
    Laseter;s Tavern at Vinings 4355 Cobb Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339-3887
    Smith's Olde Bar 1578 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324-5232
    The Arizona Pub 130 Arizona Ave. Atlanta, GA 30307
    Twisted Taco 4629 Wieuca Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342-3307
    Twisted Taco 66 12th St Atlanta, GA 30309-3831
    Wild Wing Cafe 3035 Washington Rd August, GA 30907-3829
    Robbie's Sports Pub 2834 Washington Rd. Augusta, GA 30909-2140
    Somewhere in Augusta 2701 Washington Rd Augusta , GA 30909-2286
    Jeffrey's Sports Grill 6332 Grand Hickory Drive Braselton, GA 30517
    Twisted Tavern 4450 Nelson Brogdon Blvd Buford, GA 30518-3447
    The Sports Page 5736 Veterans Pkwy Columbus , GA 31904-9060
    Beef O'Brady's Freedom Pkwy Cumming , GA 30040
    Coach's Corner at Stars & Strikes 133 Merchant Sq Cumming, GA 30040-2731
    Indigo Joe's Sports Bar and Restaurant 872 Buford Hwy Cumming, GA 30041-2716
    Three Dollar Cafe 1485 Peachtree Pkwy Cumming, GA 30041-0500
    Bonz 2123 Fairburn Rd Douglasville, GA 30135-1037
    Barnacle's 2125 Market Street NW Duluth, GA 30096-4716
    Barnacles 2125 Market Street Duluth, GA 30096-4716
    Uptown Sports Bar & Grill 2787 Main Street East Point, GA 30344-6941
    Grand Stand Bar & Grill 11346 Tara Blvd Hampton, GA 30228-6229
    Sidelines Grille 800 Earnest Barret Pkwy Kennesaw, GA
    Buffalo Wild Wings 125 Barrett Parkway Marietta, GA 30066-3331
    Delkwood Grill 2769 Delk Rd. Marietta, GA 30067-6204
    3 Dollar Cafe Hwy 20/81 McDonough, GA 30253-2344
    Applebee's Bar & Grill 815 Industrial Blvd. McDonough, GA 30253-6616
    Beef O' Brady's 100 N Peachtree Pkwy Peachtree City, GA 30269-1729
    Y-Knot Sports Bar 216 Northlake Dr Peachtreecity, GA 30269-1437
    Dicks Wings & Grill 139 City Smitty Dr Saint Mary's, GA 31558-8908
    Locos Grill and Pub 2463 Demere Rd Saint Simons Island, GA 31522-5638
    Charlie Mopps Public House 5830 Roswell Rd Sandy Springs, GA 30328-4906
    Coach's Corner 3016 E. Victory Lane Savannah, GA 31404-3924
    Kaysons Grille and Bar 3150 Highland Parkway Smyrna, GA 30082-7258
    Duggan's Memorial Drive Stone Mountain, GA
    CJ's Pub & Pool 1201 Baytree Rd Valdosta, GA 31602-2752
    JR Rockers Robins Air Force Base Warner Robins, GA

    Thanks.....but I don't do bars.

    I guess what I really want to know is how did the Special Teams as a whole look? I saw the TD by Brown. But I heard Sylvester was knocking heads out there.

    Also, how would you grade the offensive line? RBs? LBs? 2ndary? WRs? Coaching? etc.


    Thanks again....
    Last edited by harpo; 09-20-2010 at 08:51 AM.

  6. #6
    2nd String Root4Stlrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    827

    Wrong Player

    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    We watched it at a local Steelers bar and it was great. The people on here can do a much better synopsis than I can but I want to say that there was one thing that stuck out for me (other than the defense which was fantastic). At one point there were 5 OL players out there, none of whom started for the Steelers last year: It was Hills, Legursky, Pouncey, Adams, and Foster, I believe, but was hard to keep up with because the linemen kept dropping like flies because of the heat and injuries (Essex hurt his ankle). The only one who played every snap on offense was Pouncey.
    Excuse me, it was Scott and not Foster who was playing.

  7. #7
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,404
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Thanks.....but I don't do bars.

    I guess what I really want to know is how did the Special Teams as a whole look? I saw the TD by Brown. But I heard Sylvester was knocking heads out there.

    Also, how would you grade the offensive line? RBs? LBs? 2ndary? WRs? Coaching? etc.


    Thanks again....
    Oline was bad, but they were dealing with rotations, Scott got beat and Dixon coughed up the ball.

    Pouncey was the only bright spot IMO.

    Sylvester is a beast that doesn't stop!

    We won't know about our WR's until Ben comes back, we have no QB able to spread the ball around...

    82 is bad and is not worth the roster spot, he has no motor left!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  8. #8
    Waterboy blackandgold4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clifton NJ
    Posts
    15
    Offense- C as a whole Skippy gets an A though
    Defense- A+
    Special Teams- B

  9. #9
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    The team has played about how I expected. I didnt think the defense would play that well, but I knew they were capable of being great. The offense is bad, the special teams are better than last year and the D is amazing. If our defense plays this well when Ben is back, there is no reason not to expect a division championship and us going deep in the playoffs.

  10. #10
    2nd String harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    636
    Ok, thanks guys.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nothing special about this history...........
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 02:59 AM
  3. Special teams get new voice, a ton of attention
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
  4. Draft vs. Free Agency
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 11:39 AM
  5. Special teams working out kinks
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •