Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The game in Tampa next week will be a lot like today in Tennessee...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

The game in Tampa next week will be a lot like today in Tennessee...

I can see it already. It will be hot down in Tampa much like it was today in Tennessee, the Bucs will force the Steelers to wear their dark jerseys once again on the road as well much like the Titans did today. The Steelers did a good job of using everybody on their roster today with the heat and the injuries. They will have a similar kind of situation next week in Tampa Bay so hopefully they can once again continue to play great defense and get this QB situation figured out and get this passing game going. I like the Steelers next week in Tampa facing pretty much a rookie QB in Josh Freeman. I look for Lebeau to confuse the hell out of him and for Troy and the defense to have another huge game. The matchup next week sets up very very well I believe for the Steelers defense to give Freeman and the Bucs offense fits the entire day...

Yep, get out those nice sun-absorbing black uniforms!!

Forecast is for 89 degrees but could be some scattered thunderstorms which could cool it a little bit...hope not, tho, cause I don't want to get wet!!

Looking forward to the game!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    nothing can cool the Steeler defense. It's a beast right now. And the special teams are playing great so far.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I hope there is no let down after todays win.

I'm A "Champion"

TOMLIN WONT LET THEM, HE KNOWS WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE IN TAMPA. THE GAMEPLAN WILL BE VERY SIMILAR TO TODAYS, HOPEFULLY WE TAKE A COUPLE EARLY SHOTS DOWN THE FIELD, TO OPEN UP THE RUNNING GAME. I EXPECT A BREAKOUT GAME FOR MENDENHALL AND THE DEFENSE TO REMAIN FIERCE AND FREEMAN IS GOING TO REGRET PLAYING THIS GAME.

BRING ON THE BUCS!!!!!!!!!

--- Added 9/19/2010 at 09:19 PM ---

I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF STEELER FANS IN FLORIDA, HOEFULLY EVERYBODY IS GOING IF THEY CAN MAKE IT AND LETS DO ALL WE CAN TO TRY TO MAKE THIS FEEL LIKE A HOME GAME FOR THE STEELERS. STEELER FANS ARE THE GREATEST AND THE MOST DEVOTED. STEELER NATION ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
    I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD, GO STEELERS

Quote Originally Posted by srob14 View Post
    I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF STEELER FANS IN FLORIDA, HOEFULLY EVERYBODY IS GOING IF THEY CAN MAKE IT AND LETS DO ALL WE CAN TO TRY TO MAKE THIS FEEL LIKE A HOME GAME FOR THE STEELERS. STEELER FANS ARE THE GREATEST AND THE MOST DEVOTED. STEELER NATION ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Tickets are not that hard to come by at Raymond James Stadium!! Get in there Steelers Nation!! Take over that Pirate Ship!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is where practicing in all that heat this summer and the experience from today really helps out. Rotate every player as much as possible, get all the active roster involved, keep everyone as fresh as you can. In a perfect world you have the game well in hand by the 4th quarter and you don't have to keep the intensity up so much with the game on the line, with the starters in there all day long. We know the Steelers though and keeping things close is what they do.

The trainers and coaches were putting up sheets and canopy's over the players on the sidelines, dumping water on them, drinking Gatorade like it's going out of style and pretty much just doing their best to stay alive out there.

As far as the game goes, nothing is a gimme. Tampa won today and they'll be pumped in their home stadium. We need to come out and play lights out on defense and establish the run right off the bat to keep the pressure off whoever plays QB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Did anyone hear what Mike Tomlin said in his press conference? "We're a little annoyed to be honest." "Why is that?" "A premature reporting of our death." They don't care about heat! They're just as annoyed as we are, and I'm loving it.

Tampa beat the Browns and Carolina... one of these teams will get the #1 draft pick...

Its been 92 down here everyday since June... Plan on a hot day, it usually rains about 6pm were i am. but in tampa it may rain a bit earlier. 3-4pm.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like our chances against the Bucs but I certainly wouldn't call it an easy win or look past them. They are coming off a nice win too, they're a young team so any confidence they get is dangerous for the opponent. If we let them hang around they are as capable of stealing a win as anybody else.

I would love to see it rain that day and atleast take the edge off of heat for everyone.

Thread Information