Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willie has 200+ yard night and over 1000 yds for the season !!

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Willie did a great job tonight! He better be thanking the o-line for playing one of the best games they have played in quite awhile!
    Very true the Oline played great but this was a more workman like effort from Willie. The last time he had 200 yards in a game he two 70 yard runs in that game. I think Willie's longest run was 39 yards tonight. It just goes to show you if the Steelers Oline plays like that it doesn't matter if a big back is in there or not.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Very true the Oline played great but this was a more workman like effort from Willie. The last time he had 200 yards in a game he two 70 yard runs in that game. I think Willie's longest run was 39 yards tonight. It just goes to show you if the Steelers Oline plays like that it doesn't matter if a big back is in there or not.
    I will disagree with you on that but not in this thread.
    Willie ran well and hit the holes the o-line made for him. Couldn't be happier! The last time was because he had 150+ yards on 2 carries. This was a much better game for him and the o-line.

My Mood
    Mad
    I will disagree with you on that but not in this thread.
    Willie ran well and hit the holes the o-line made for him. Couldn't be happier! The last time was because he had 150+ yards on 2 carries. This was a much better game for him and the o-line.
    I'm Confused? I pointed out that Willie had two 70 yard runs the last time he had 200 yards in game. Thats why I said this was a more workman like effort by Willie tonight. So basically I was agreeing with you bro.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm Confused? I pointed out that Willie had two 70 yard runs the last time he had 200 yards in game. Thats why I said this was a more workman like effort by Willie tonight. So basically I was agreeing with you bro.
    My fault 32! I misread what you posted!....lol Very sorry!

I agree with you then!....

One of the best games Willie has had as far as carrying the team!

My Mood
    Mad
    My fault 32! I misread what you posted!....lol Very sorry!

I agree with you then!....

One of the best games Willie has had as far as carrying the team!
    No problem it happens. Where has this Oline been all year? Thats what I want to know. Most of the year the Oline has looked average or worse. Tonight Jeff Hartings didn't look washed up. Both Simmons and Starks played well. Alan Faneca was back to being the old Faneca with him pulling to the right side and opening monster holes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree, The o-line just domainated the game! We've had some other good games but just not like this. The whole team had a great game!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Congrats to Willie. Great game and a helluva effort!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06342/744610-66.stm

Willie Parker set a single-game rushing record for the Steelers with 223 yards on 32 carries, topping the 218 Frenchy Fuqua gained against Philadelphia in 1970.
    Last night was just something to behold, Im still in awe of it, just to see the line blasting people back and Willie picking his gaps and then just turning on the jets was an amazing sight !

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    My mom's not a football watcher (because she doesn't really "understand" it) but loves to hear us talk about the Steelers just the same (as if she'd have any choice! lol) But she DOES switch the channel to the game every so often just to see how they're doin....anyway, I was tellin' her that watchin our guys in that one was like watchin a well oiled piece of machinery--everything just seemed to flow almost effortlessly for them.
    It just had "that" feelin to it, ya know? It was like watchin how they played last season. They were all just so comortable, you knew almost right away it was gonna be a great one!

Thread Information