Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers secondary overall performance

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Steelers secondary overall performance

With Troy back I expected the secondary to be back where they left off a few years ago..which was probably a mistake on my part. Am I being too harsh? Because I personally feel like 75% of ATL's completions where wide open passes with nobody within 5 yards of the receiver. I don't know..correct me if I'm wrong.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's you.. The secondary was not horrible at all. BMac missed some tackles but he also made some huge plays. Ike was all over the field today. Troy is getting his sea legs back. Clark made some nice plays.

Give them time, it's only week 1. Ryan only had 252 yds passing, that isn't all that much. Plus his QB rating was lower than Dixon's.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's you.. The secondary was not horrible at all. BMac missed some tackles but he also made some huge plays. Ike was all over the field today. Troy is getting his sea legs back. Clark made some nice plays.

Give them time, it's only week 1. Ryan only had 252 yds passing, that isn't all that much. Plus his QB rating was lower than Dixon's.
    Oh..okay. Just seemed like too many receivers were left wide open to me.

The secondary was awesome. At least Bryant McFadden. The man is playing like he was in 2008. GREAT coverage on White throughout the game when he was man-to-man. I'm really glad we got him back.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    White made some plays today but overall the guys in the back came up big when they had too. The sacks and errant throws were due in a big way to the great coverage down the field. There is room for improvement but I like what I see so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

Agreed. The secondary played very well today. They kept everything in front of them, and basically took Gonzalez and Harry Douglas out of the game.

Even William Gay played well as a NB. He should've had a INT. Ryan Clark was in the right positions for most of the game and Bryant McFadden made some great tackles.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Alright alright fine. All I can remember is the 20 yd passes with nobody near the receiver..maybe that's why I didn't think they did too well..

Our D looked great yea they bent a little but allowed a very very high powered offence to only 3 field goals. Yea i thought there was the heat of the moment and fearing the worst "how could you let that pass get through. But ultimatly this is what i expected for our first game from our d.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Alright alright fine. All I can remember is the 20 yd passes with nobody near the receiver..maybe that's why I didn't think they did too well..
    A lot of those passes occurred when the Steelers blitzed and the Falcons o-line picked up the blitz. If you send the pressure and it gets picked up, the QB will most likely find the open WR, which Ryan did.

as fans I think each week we'd all like to see the oposing team have zero yards passing, zero yards rushing and a big fat zero on the score board. (at least that's MY pipe dream... )

Bottom line is the guys played well today and stepped up when they needed to. This is the kind of game that went down to the wire last year and ended up being a loss for us more times than not. I'm encouraged after this first game and look forward to seeing them improve week after week this season!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information