Thread: Walking wounded were plentiful today; Essex, Dixon, Hoke, Farrior...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Walking wounded were plentiful today; Essex, Dixon, Hoke, Farrior...

Essex went out when he got rolled up on.
    Dixon left with a sprained knee.
    Hoke left when he got his bell rung.
    Farrior left for a while but came back.

We have absolutely got to get Hampton and Starks back next week atleast.

Tomlin was playing musical lineman all day long. Hills came in to play LT, Scott moved to right at times to give Flozell a rest. FWe only had 5 defensive lineman when Hoke went down so they were rotating those guys out all day as well. You could tell they were sucking wind by that last drive and just had nothing left but somehow they held on. Foote and Fox came in a lot today too to spell Farrior and Timmons.

Overall this game tested our depth in a big way and the defense continued to respond. Every active guy on that sideline was in there today.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Essex's injury looked nasty..either a knee or ankle injury. Either is pretty horrible for a 340 lb lineman. He's got to be out a few weeks at the least.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we can get Starks back next week, and if Essex can't go then Foster could slip in at RG then we'll be ok. However it's going to be hot as well in Tampa so we're going to need every available player on deck to rotate in.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Steelers had better get use to dealing with the heat and wearing their black jerseys the next 2 times they go out on the road because both their games will be in Florida when they go to Tampa and Miami. So today in Tennessee was a good warmup test to see how well the Steelers would handle that situation and I think they passed with flying colors.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin did say that Trai's injury didn't appear to be as serious as Starks' ankle last week. They've got another game on the road like 43 mentioned, it's going to be as hot or hotter there. If we don't get all those guys back for next week it's going to be even tougher to pull out a win.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Tomlin did say that Trai's injury didn't appear to be as serious as Starks' ankle last week. They've got another game on the road like 43 mentioned, it's going to be as hot or hotter there. If we don't get all those guys back for next week it's going to be even tougher to pull out a win.
    I checked the forecast--supposed to be 92 next Sun in Tampa--we just can't catch a break--I hope they keep IVs on the sidelines--the D was great today under brutal conditions; I hope they have at least one more like this one in them--actually I hope they have 14 more like this in them but I realize they are fried after this game and could use some recovery time.
    :logospin:

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Steelers had better get use to dealing with the heat and wearing their black jerseys the next 2 times they go out on the road because both their games will be in Florida when they go to Tampa and Miami. So today in Tennessee was a good warmup test to see how well the Steelers would handle that situation and I think they passed with flying colors.

Maybe Pouncey can give them some advice.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If my eyes didn't deceive me Legursky replaced Trai didn't he . . . ?

Where was Foster, did he see the field yesterday, can't belive he's slipped behind 'Legs' on the depth chart?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, . . gonna re-watch tonight.

Tar

keith

--- Added 9/20/2010 at 05:34 AM ---

aghh, . . Foster was inactive, . . assume Legs's ability to play center swung it.

I like Foster, to my mind this guy should be active period.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Legursky was in there yesterday, Kugler was rotating everyone he could possibly use to spell the starters and atleast get them a few plays to breathe and cool off some.

Getting Starks back will help wit the rotation alot so he's gotta be ready this week.

Foster will be a better RG the Legursky but Foster didn't get a hat because of the issue with the tackle position. But if Essex is down this week, I expect Foster to start at RG with Leg, being the backup at G/C.

Thread Information