Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starks ankle injury; Hampton hamstring..Update 9/14 - Both could play Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight
    I think he did a descent job on the field I didn't particularly watch what position he was playing but I seen him around the ball alot.

Swallow your PRIDE K you can't get them all right, lol
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    I think he did a descent job on the field I didn't particularly watch what position he was playing but I seen him around the ball alot.

Swallow your PRIDE K you can't get them all right, lol
    hey i secretly hoped hed be this big time stud they were making him out to be in OTAs and TC...then he disappeared in game action. he had one good play when he was in on a sack and ryan held the ball forever, anyone who was in that spot would have gotten there eventually....hes been a disappointment and yes i CAN get them all right.

im telling you he sucked terrible at end, looked decent at NT....which proves me right again since i said hed be a much better 43 DT, and look hes only effective for us on the interior go figure

My Mood
    Chatty
    Hope Big Snack is back to snuff Chris Johnson..I think we can survive a couple games without Starks...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    The Pittsburgh Steelers will be without suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for three more weeks. The team's starting left tackle might be out of action for that long, too.

Max Starks, who suffered a high ankle sprain in Sunday's overtime victory over the Atlanta Falcons, could be sidelined a month, a source familiar with the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

However, another source familiar with the situation said it's conceivable Starks could be back in a few weeks.

Starks was seen in a walking boot after Sunday's game.

"I've had this happen before, so it's nothing new," Starks told the Beaver County Times on Sunday. "Hopefully it'll heal fast and it's nothing more than a week. It could have been a lot worse and I'm glad it wasn't. I'm going to do everything they tell me to do to make sure I'm ready to go as soon as possible."
    He'll be back with Ben in week 6 imo

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just reported that Starks does not have a high ankle sprain, but rather a normal sprain. He could only miss a week, if even that. Tomlin did not rule him out of playing against the Titans.

If he can't go then Scott will play LT.

No word on Hampton yet that I have seen.

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hey i secretly hoped hed be this big time stud they were making him out to be in OTAs and TC...then he disappeared in game action. he had one good play when he was in on a sack and ryan held the ball forever, anyone who was in that spot would have gotten there eventually....hes been a disappointment and yes i CAN get them all right.

im telling you he sucked terrible at end, looked decent at NT....which proves me right again since i said hed be a much better 43 DT, and look hes only effective for us on the interior go figure
    You've been money on a few but not so much on a few too but so have I and I don't get to watch mch college to see them develop. I will give him another year and that would be it to learn a new tech and the D. Heck you've givin Sweed that long and with Lebeau 's defense he's got to learn that book and a new position. DE isn't a glory spot anyways besides the Beast himself Smith, really how much do you hear Keisel's name, very little. Don't need him to be a superstar.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

We do need him to be worth a first round pick tho. Smith was a 4th round pick iirc and Keisel was a 7th round, both will most likely be better than ziggy ever will in our system. I rally want him to succeed as i really do like the kid, his attitude and whatnot, but he is just more of a 4-3 end than a 3-4. He is a beast one-on-one, but thats not what we ask him to do
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Sunshine

Tomlin not ruling out Starks, Hampton for Sunday

The Steelers got good news on the injury front as starting left tackle Max Starks has a low ankle sprain and probably won't miss more than a game.

Starks may practice on a limited basis this week and head coach Mike Tomlin did not rule him out for the Steelers' 1 p.m. game Sunday at Tennessee.

He also did not rule out nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) playing against the Titans.

"We're hopeful that he might be able to do something," Tomlin said in regard to practice.

Jonathan Scott will start in place of Starks if the latter is unable to go while Chris Hoke would play in place of Hampton.

Dennis Dixon will start again at quarterback even though Byron Leftwich may practice on a limited basis this week.

Dixon threw for 236 yards in the Steelers' 15-9 win against the Falcons last Sunday.

"Dennis is going to lead us into Nashville," Tomlin said.
    Link

Guess this is a good thing although I wanted to see Hills get some playing time. I'm really hoping Big Snack is a go, we'll need him to shut down the running game.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Link

Guess this is a good thing although I wanted to see Hills get some playing time. I'm really hoping Big Snack is a go, we'll need him to shut down the running game.
    starks injury supposedly a low ankle sprain. not as serious as a high ankle sprain.

And their fans.

I highly doubt we'll see Starks this week with the way he was limping on Sunday. I hope Hills looks good in practice we're able to see him on the field.

Thread Information