Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Starks ankle injury; Hampton hamstring..Update 9/14 - Both could play Sunday

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,324
    Hampton will most likely be out a couple of games. His hamstrings are normally pretty bad, especially because this is a re-hamstring of the one that bugged him in TC (at least thats what i heard...). Starks looked to be in a lot of pain, but im not too worried. Hills was awesome during preseason, so if he can translate that into regular season, he might just be as good as Starks if not better.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  2. #12
    Draft Pick Layin the wood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilliard,Ohio
    Posts
    235
    I think we have the depth on the DL to take the sting out of the Hampton injury but the Starks injury is going to be hard to replace. I hope someone will step up this week in practice!!

  3. #13
    2nd String Root4Stlrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    827

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Layin the wood View Post
    I think we have the depth on the DL to take the sting out of the Hampton injury but the Starks injury is going to be hard to replace. I hope someone will step up this week in practice!!
    They didn't dress Hills yesterday so they put Jonathan Scott in. Interesting to see which scenario plays out: Flo to LT and Scott in at RT; Hills or Scott to replace Starks at LT. The Hills scenario seems most logical to me.

  4. #14
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Hampton will most likely be out a couple of games. His hamstrings are normally pretty bad, especially because this is a re-hamstring of the one that bugged him in TC (at least thats what i heard...). Starks looked to be in a lot of pain, but im not too worried. Hills was awesome during preseason, so if he can translate that into regular season, he might just be as good as Starks if not better.
    Hills is a true LT, Scott is a swing tackle. I expect Hills to atleast dress and push for the starting role in practice this week!

  5. #15
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    6,084
    Monday, September 13, 2010Steelers OT Max Starks To Miss Month
    Pittsburgh Steelers left tackle Max Starks will miss the next month with a high ankle sprain, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

    Starks was injured late in the third quarter of the Steelers' 15-9 overtime win over the Atlanta Falcons, and was replaced by Jonathan Scott.

    Starks' injury timetable puts him back for the Steelers' October 17 match-up with the Cleveland Browns, which is also the first game that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be eligible to play.

  6. #16
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,337
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Hampton should be back by the Ravens or Tampa game. Max will probably be back around the Stains game.
    That is very bad news, expecially facing CJ next week. We really needed the big guy. I'm certain Coach L will adjust. I have no idea what Coach T is going to do at left tackle. Any body get put on waivers that would be of use?
    :logospin:

  7. #17
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    Hills should start at LT he didnt dress because scott can play both guards and both tackles in case of an injury.

    hampton doesnt hurt that bad, hood has looked like a complete piece of **** of a draft pick except when he lines up over center at NT, that might be a good option for them against the titans

  8. #18
    2nd String harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    653
    Any official word on the severity of Hampton's injury?

  9. #19
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hills should start at LT he didnt dress because scott can play both guards and both tackles in case of an injury.

    hampton doesnt hurt that bad, hood has looked like a complete piece of **** of a draft pick except when he lines up over center at NT, that might be a good option for them against the titans
    i was waititng for some praise of "ZIGGY" from you K!!!! Priceless, even though you still manged to mix in a shot at him during the whole thing. Yeah i like Hood at NT while snack is out as well.

  10. #20
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    honestly he looks ****ing terrible at DE, he either gets blown off the ball or just falls down...at NT one on one with the center hes at least serviceable especially since all the training camp reports blow him for his ability to win one on one matchups with interior linemen....thus proving my point that he is no DE, hes an interior pass rusher

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Injury update for Denver game....
    By BBG7 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM
  4. "It's a go" for Big Ben on sunday..Hampton doubtful
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 11:58 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •