Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starks ankle injury; Hampton hamstring..Update 9/14 - Both could play Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    Hampton will most likely be out a couple of games. His hamstrings are normally pretty bad, especially because this is a re-hamstring of the one that bugged him in TC (at least thats what i heard...). Starks looked to be in a lot of pain, but im not too worried. Hills was awesome during preseason, so if he can translate that into regular season, he might just be as good as Starks if not better.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I think we have the depth on the DL to take the sting out of the Hampton injury but the Starks injury is going to be hard to replace. I hope someone will step up this week in practice!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Layin the wood View Post
    I think we have the depth on the DL to take the sting out of the Hampton injury but the Starks injury is going to be hard to replace. I hope someone will step up this week in practice!!
    They didn't dress Hills yesterday so they put Jonathan Scott in. Interesting to see which scenario plays out: Flo to LT and Scott in at RT; Hills or Scott to replace Starks at LT. The Hills scenario seems most logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Hampton will most likely be out a couple of games. His hamstrings are normally pretty bad, especially because this is a re-hamstring of the one that bugged him in TC (at least thats what i heard...). Starks looked to be in a lot of pain, but im not too worried. Hills was awesome during preseason, so if he can translate that into regular season, he might just be as good as Starks if not better.
    Hills is a true LT, Scott is a swing tackle. I expect Hills to atleast dress and push for the starting role in practice this week!

Monday, September 13, 2010Steelers OT Max Starks To Miss Month
    Pittsburgh Steelers left tackle Max Starks will miss the next month with a high ankle sprain, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Starks was injured late in the third quarter of the Steelers' 15-9 overtime win over the Atlanta Falcons, and was replaced by Jonathan Scott.

Starks' injury timetable puts him back for the Steelers' October 17 match-up with the Cleveland Browns, which is also the first game that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be eligible to play.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Hampton should be back by the Ravens or Tampa game. Max will probably be back around the Stains game.
    That is very bad news, expecially facing CJ next week. We really needed the big guy. I'm certain Coach L will adjust. I have no idea what Coach T is going to do at left tackle. Any body get put on waivers that would be of use?
    :logospin:

Hills should start at LT he didnt dress because scott can play both guards and both tackles in case of an injury.

hampton doesnt hurt that bad, hood has looked like a complete piece of **** of a draft pick except when he lines up over center at NT, that might be a good option for them against the titans

Any official word on the severity of Hampton's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hills should start at LT he didnt dress because scott can play both guards and both tackles in case of an injury.

hampton doesnt hurt that bad, hood has looked like a complete piece of **** of a draft pick except when he lines up over center at NT, that might be a good option for them against the titans
    i was waititng for some praise of "ZIGGY" from you K!!!! Priceless, even though you still manged to mix in a shot at him during the whole thing. Yeah i like Hood at NT while snack is out as well.

honestly he looks ****ing terrible at DE, he either gets blown off the ball or just falls down...at NT one on one with the center hes at least serviceable especially since all the training camp reports blow him for his ability to win one on one matchups with interior linemen....thus proving my point that he is no DE, hes an interior pass rusher

Thread Information