Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rejects with steeler potential

Bookmark and Share

Rejects with steeler potential

I do not think i have ever been so in love with a class of rejects before

Owen Schmitt FB

The man is a psycho, he actually tries kill LBs in game. One time he smashed his helmet on his head just being fired up and was a bloody mess....im sorry but thats someone i would want to play football for my team.

Jarron Gilbert

Schematically limited to a 34 imo, he had no business as an UT in a 43 for the bears....he was a better 34end prospect than hood imo, hes got insane athleticism.....hes the one that has the unreal youtube videos jumping out of a pool and squatting and deadlifting unreal amounts of weight.

Al Woods

For some reason i have a soft spot for LSU linemen, he was overshadowed during his tenure at LSU by some big time talent and didnt really fit their scheme because they used more speed than a true NT. Hes another unreal athlete, never lived up to the hype out of high school (5 star recruit) but was playing with guys like Glenn Dorsey (5 overall), Tyson Jackson (3rd overall(, RJF who went undrafted but was a one time potential first rounder. For a 350 pound man hes such a great athlete....would start as nose but has Ngata like potential at end down the road

thoughts or other rejects you guys might like?

Something about Troy Smith, maybe because he's an OSU boy, but he'd look good in B&G and I personally think he could be a starter in the league. Plus he'd help on the scout team!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Id take Owen in a split-second.

Woods may develop, but we have 3 developlers already...

Gilbert can go jump into the deep end...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

woods is better than everyone developmental prospect we have on the dline

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    perhaps with potential... I was hoping we signed him to the PS like reports were saying just to see what hes got, but i guess not.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I dont see too many guys who can help, but that may be a good sign. We kept three receivers who look like solid contributors and Butler looks liks a pleasant 5th round pick. Football is funny though, because you never know which guy you cut this year can become defensive MVP material a few years down the road a la James Harrison.

I am confused by Tony Hills development at this point. They keep him every year but he never really plays.

This was tony hills last chance...and he didnt disappoint. he was atrocious his first 2 years, weak, slow and in way over his head.

i LOVED hills at texas, if he didnt get injured and get set back so much in his development he would have been a top 10 pick as a franchise LT, even as i was just about to give up on him i said that about him. This TC and preseason he was nothing short of sensational. it says something about hills that with his back up against the wall he really came through and didnt disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This was tony hills last chance...and he didnt disappoint. he was atrocious his first 2 years, weak, slow and in way over his head.

i LOVED hills at texas, if he didnt get injured and get set back so much in his development he would have been a top 10 pick as a franchise LT, even as i was just about to give up on him i said that about him. This TC and preseason he was nothing short of sensational. it says something about hills that with his back up against the wall he really came through and didnt disappoint
    Are you saying that Hills may be our future starting RT or LT?

by no means am i saying hes a future pro bowler, but after the leaps and bounds he made this year theres no reason for him to not possibly be in their plans. hes more of a LT for us though considering how athletic he is...we like RTs that can really drive block, thats not and never will be hills strength. i think the "pure LT" label is a little overrated, definitely more than a pure RT guy so i think he could certainly play both sides, but his skill set is clearly more adept for the left

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Hills is the third best OT on the team bar none and he did look solid all training camp/pre-season.....

Back to your topic Ktrain I wouldn't the Steelers taking a shot with either of those guys since really there isn't much risk if they don't pan out......

Thread Information