Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Al Woods

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Good to know. Thanks...

Just FYI, we don't mind other teams fans here, not at all. Only the ones that come here to troll and talk ****.
    So true....I'm a Bucs fan and they've put up with me for a long time!!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan4ever View Post
    So true....I'm a Bucs fan and they've put up with me for a long time!!
    i never payed close attention... i thought it was Buccos as in Pirates, then i just noticed Rays sig...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    glad for the info.. thanks!
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Thats actually awesome, you lived in person stuff us mere mortals can only rant about on internet forums.
    hes so sick...one of my favorites since 05.....such a good athlete the saints have no business with him in their scheme

This is possibly why we sent both Harris and Worthington to the PS. Question is who expendable if we do pick him up?

Yeah, if Ktrain likes him, then i'll get on the bandwagon....as long as i'm near the rear.

I googled him to see if he had been claimed by anyone and came across several posts indicating that the Steelers had claimed him. The following post is from a Saints forum:

"no official confirmation yet but per his facebook and numerous twitters he has been claimed of the waivers by the Steelers. No word has been given about if Woods had cleared the waivers would he have made our PS."

SOURCE:

WhoDatZone
    Last edited by harpo; 09-06-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Yeah, if Ktrain likes him, then i'll get on the bandwagon....as long as i'm near the rear.

I googled him to see if he had been claimed by anyone and came across several posts indicating that the Steelers had claimed him. The following post is from a Saints forum:

"no official confirmation yet but per his facebook and numerous twitters he has been claimed of the waivers by the Steelers. No word has been given about if Woods had cleared the waivers would he have made our PS."

SOURCE:

WhoDatZone
    Leftwich out Woods in... that would work

--- Added 9/6/2010 at 09:16 AM ---

NFL Draft 2010: The New Orleans Saints Select Al Woods, DT, LSU
    by Dave Cariello on Apr 24, 2010 10:53 AM CDT in 2010 NFL Draft 30 comments

Finally! The Saints address one of their top two needs in this years draft by selecting defensive tackle Al Woods from LSU. Trading their 4th round pick and later 6th round pick to the Cardinals, the Saints were able to move up seven spots and grab they guy they really want.

The Saints now only have one 7th round pick left in this years draft. Pay attention though, because the team has been known to trade next years picks to get back into this years action.

This is probably my favorite pick by the Saints in this years draft, though that's not saying much with some of the more...unique...picks the team has made thus far. Woods is obviously not an outside linebacker, the position I think the Saints need to address most, but he definitely provides help at the Saints other area of need. The trade the Saints pulled to acquire Woods, however, leaves them handcuffed for the rest of the draft. Is "trade down" even in the Saints draft vocabulary?

Why would they release him???

Woods was a fourth-round draft pick of the Saints in April out of LSU. The rookie defensive tackle played in all four preseason games, making four tackles and recovering a fumble.

--- Added 9/6/2010 at 09:52 AM ---

NO practice squad

New Orleans Saints: QB Sean Canfield, FB Matt Klap, WR Montez Billings, G Roger Allen, G Brandon Carter, LB Harry Coleman, DT DeMario Pressley, CB Reggie Jones

He is not on the roster or ir or pup so where is he??
    Last edited by coldrolled; 09-06-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Weird, hes definitely an exciting physical specimen and everything I've read on him has been positive, but it leads to the question why was he released? It seems strange especially for a team that doesn't really have stud dt's. Just a scheme thing, or is there some unknown with this guy?

schematically hes limited to a 34 imo, he would make a good backup nose right now i think and after he tightens up his game a bit hes definitely a perfect canidate for a 34end

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    schematically hes limited to a 34 imo, he would make a good backup nose right now i think and after he tightens up his game a bit hes definitely a perfect canidate for a 34end
    where did he go?

Thread Information