Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest predictions for W-L for the season

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Honest predictions for W-L for the season

Trying to get a little insight on how steeler addicts feel about this season. We all know we are not going to go undfeated so let's lay it out and predict on who we win and who we lose to.
    Atlanta- prediction- W- score i think will be like 28-14
    Tennessee-prediction -W-predicted score: 21-7
    Tampa Bay-Prediction-W- 35-17
    Baltimore -L- 17-14
    Cleveland -W- 21-3
    Miami- W- 28-7
    New Orleans-L- 35-24
    Cincy-W- 30-21
    New England -W- 28-24
    Oakland -W- 38-17
    Bills -W- 31-13
    Ravens -W- 13-3
    Cincy -W- 21-14
    NY Jets -W- 17-14
    Panthers-W- 35-28
    Cleveland-W- 42-14

my predictions agree or dissagree,

--- Added 9/4/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

I know i only have two losses on here and that is being optmistic but looking at the schedule and saints, patriots, ravens and jets will be our biggest roadblocks. I don't see us being swept by the the ravens and I really don't think the bengals can do anything against our d when healthy. I have some close games on here that i think will be but i think ben or our d could squeeze those ones out. like the pats i think we can beat them in a close game. and i think it will be same with both ravens games will be decided in the fourth. I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.

lol is this for real?

But seriously 19-0. We have Redman.

Yeah, no way you can accurately predict scores or W-L outcomes. All true Steeler fans have to enter the season predicting a perfect record culminating with another SB victory. More importantly, so do the players; they can't afford an attitude of "oh, well we might win this game but we'll probably lose that one."!
    "Let's get this done!" - Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    Trying to get a little insight on how steeler addicts feel about this season. We all know we are not going to go undfeated so let's lay it out and predict on who we win and who we lose to.
    Atlanta- prediction- W- score i think will be like 28-14
    Tennessee-prediction -W-predicted score: 21-7
    Tampa Bay-Prediction-W- 35-17
    Baltimore -L- 17-14
    Cleveland -W- 21-3
    Miami- W- 28-7
    New Orleans-L- 35-24
    Cincy-W- 30-21
    New England -W- 28-24
    Oakland -W- 38-17
    Bills -W- 31-13
    Ravens -W- 13-3
    Cincy -W- 21-14
    NY Jets -W- 17-14
    Panthers-W- 35-28
    Cleveland-W- 42-14

my predictions agree or dissagree,

--- Added 9/4/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

I know i only have two losses on here and that is being optmistic but looking at the schedule and saints, patriots, ravens and jets will be our biggest roadblocks. I don't see us being swept by the the ravens and I really don't think the bengals can do anything against our d when healthy. I have some close games on here that i think will be but i think ben or our d could squeeze those ones out. like the pats i think we can beat them in a close game. and i think it will be same with both ravens games will be decided in the fourth. I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.
    14-2? come on now. as much as i'd love to see that it's not happening imo. we still have too many issues on the offensive side of the ball, number 1 being the idiot that is bruce arians. he'll find ways to lose a few as he always does. i think 11-5 is more realistic. possibly 12-4 depending on how we do the first 4 games without ben. i don't care how "easy" the schedule appears. what happened last year? easy schedule and lost games to teams we should have destroyed (bears, bengals, chiefs, raiders, browns). i don't see 14-2 happening............
    Last edited by MattyVfromCT; 09-04-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    I'll say at least 9-7, with 10-6 very likely and 11-5 inside the realm of possibility; with wins over Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, New England, Oakland, & Buffalo, along with splitting the division games againt Baltimore, Cincinnati & Cleveland.

Maybe I'm buying into the hype, but the Jets worry me. And the Carolina game says "Trap Game" all over it IMO (especially if they beat the Jets). I think if Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in the final game, it's because the Steelers are resting ther starters for the playoffs.

Scoring over 25 points a game... were talking arians here...

Maybe next year when he is gone.. 10-6 this year maybe.

My Mood
    Addicted
    11-5 and that's being optimistic.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    14-2 is just wild

i'll say 11-5 and ben throws 3800 yds in 12 games

Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    NY Jets -W- 17-14

I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.
    I actually anticipate the Jets a non factor by that game. I forgot, how many games did they get handed to them to end the season 9-7 last year? 2 or 3?

Sanchez needs more seasoning... Kinda like Dixon but at least they let him play to get better.

Palmer will be the key to Cinci being good or bad.. Cinci with a strong Palmer will not be two easy wins for us...

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I actually anticipate the Jets a non factor by that game. I forgot, how many games did they get handed to them to end the season 9-7 last year? 2 or 3?
    I agree with you on the Jets. I am underwhelmed by them after getting a closer look. They are so overhyped -- they had the same record as the Steelers last year. I think their running game has been hurt by their trades and there's no Revis. The Pats offense looks good but their defense doesn't. The Ravens secondary is in bad shape and they have Shayne Graham as a kicker. Those are just some of my thoughts on our opponents.
    I may be overly optimistic, but I think the team will go 12-4 this year. That was my prediction after seeing them at training camp. One of the main reasons is how Ben looked. I haven't seen him look that good since he was drafted. And I believe he will come back and really be focused. I could be totally off but I think he is sincerely upset (whatever the reason -- selfish or not) and will be like the Blues Brothers on his return -- on a mission. If the o line can get their act together, which I think they can, and the defense can stay healthy, anything is possible.

Thread Information