Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Believe Batch Will Start

Bookmark and Share
    Some people can't acknowledge that Batch should be the starter.Even if they choose Dixon,Batch will be called on in no time at all.The opening game is a must win to set the pace. Batch gets my start,with some dixon mixed in.

I believe Batch will break his ankle cutting his toenails and be placed on IR before week 1!

everyone is being to hard on dixon, in a preseason game against a good denver defense. Lefty has looked horrible all preseason, Dixon has only one opprotunity to show what he can do against a first team defense. The whole team looked bad on that game. Maybe it was jitters maybe it was altitude or what not. It was not just dixon who choked. Matt spaeth could have actually came to the ball or break up the pick he didn't do that. the other pick was soely on the reciver cause he stopped his route after the ball was already in the air. the reciver ran the wrong route. and the offense look horrible that game so did the D. With that said that is just one game. Would you really want someone who has looked horrible all preseason except for one TD pass to mike wallace in the giants game. That was it. Dixon gets the ball into the endzone alot more than lefty or batch has this preseason. Yea he had a bad game, it takes more than just him to make play's recivers got to run the routes that are called and they also have to catch the ball when it was thrown at them. Remember when ben first took over the starting job. It was parker and bettis who ran the offense with some playaction from ben to relieve the jam in the middle it took a couple years for him to be more accurate than he is now. And i'm not even going to say that he is that accurate. yea he has an arm but in the past couple seasons when he goes deep it's usually way over the recivers head. Ben had his learning curves and threw tons of picks when he first started out and with time he started to learn to read defenses better. (remember arians does not tend to create plays that keep the players healthy. I'm surprised that ward is still around as much as he get's popped on most of his catches. We will be fine dixon just needs to get a productive drive to start the game and he will be off and running. If arians plays to dixons strengthts and not hinder him to arians atari offense then I see us putting up 30 + points one everyone except for the ravens. ... and I really hope if tomlin see's arians not being productive with the playcalling. arians gets fired afther the falcons game. Then bring in an OC who can design plays that work instead of relying on the D to bail him out.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    everyone is being to hard on dixon, in a preseason game against a good denver defense. Lefty has looked horrible all preseason, Dixon has only one opprotunity to show what he can do against a first team defense. The whole team looked bad on that game. Maybe it was jitters maybe it was altitude or what not. It was not just dixon who choked. Matt spaeth could have actually came to the ball or break up the pick he didn't do that. the other pick was soely on the reciver cause he stopped his route after the ball was already in the air. the reciver ran the wrong route. and the offense look horrible that game so did the D. With that said that is just one game. Would you really want someone who has looked horrible all preseason except for one TD pass to mike wallace in the giants game. That was it. Dixon gets the ball into the endzone alot more than lefty or batch has this preseason. Yea he had a bad game, it takes more than just him to make play's recivers got to run the routes that are called and they also have to catch the ball when it was thrown at them. Remember when ben first took over the starting job. It was parker and bettis who ran the offense with some playaction from ben to relieve the jam in the middle it took a couple years for him to be more accurate than he is now. And i'm not even going to say that he is that accurate. yea he has an arm but in the past couple seasons when he goes deep it's usually way over the recivers head. Ben had his learning curves and threw tons of picks when he first started out and with time he started to learn to read defenses better. (remember arians does not tend to create plays that keep the players healthy. I'm surprised that ward is still around as much as he get's popped on most of his catches. We will be fine dixon just needs to get a productive drive to start the game and he will be off and running. If arians plays to dixons strengthts and not hinder him to arians atari offense then I see us putting up 30 + points one everyone except for the ravens. ... and I really hope if tomlin see's arians not being productive with the playcalling. arians gets fired afther the falcons game. Then bring in an OC who can design plays that work instead of relying on the D to bail him out.
    No Dixon just played like vomit in that game. Had nothing to do with anyone else on offense playing bad or the altitude or his new cleats or his stepdad's birthday. I'm tired of hearing excuses for the kid. He's treated like a 6 year old autistic boy amongst Steeler fans.

Tomlin and crew didn't game plan for HIM...One game, he sucked, lets move on!

It is what it is and he's our starter now, stop the pissing match!

That is bull and you know it the OL was not blocking, everyone was getting popped in the backfield, were not running right routes. I'm not sayin dixon did not do anything wrong but the supporting cast was not there either. That game was terrible from beginning to end.

I called it back in April i think it was,don't be surprised if Batch opens the season as our starter.I'll have to go back and check my posts to make certain.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Honestly batch looked good in the 3rd Preseason game untill he threw that INT but he was playing with 3rd and 4th string players also.IMO he will be ok with the 1st stringers, i like Dixon also, provided that dumb @$$ OC calls plays to Dixon strengths, we will be ok with either QB i'm telling u all we will be 3-1 when Ben returns...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Dixon starts, and hopefully the D plays well enough to be 2-2.

If this happens we have a good chance of making the playoffs,
    and then anything can happen.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Is everyone just pulling this info out of their asses? We hadn't heard Batch's name so far this season until last night..and that's only because Lefty got hurt and Tomlin didn't want to leave Dixon in the game (I'm assuming.) Don't get me wrong, as a member of steeler nation, I love Charlie just as much as the next guy/girl, but this isn't 2004. Times have changed. Dixon will be the starter.

Thread Information