Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Believe Batch Will Start

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

I Believe Batch Will Start

Tomlin wants "experience" in the postion and I just don't think Tomlin feels comfortable with Dixon at this point ... and that's really too bad.

If Batch is named the starter, Dixon's days in Pittsburgh are numbered.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    If Batch is named the starter, Dixon's days in Pittsburgh are numbered.
    I totally agree, If Batch is named starter after barely practicing and getting less than about 3 quarters of total play in pre-season, that would tell me there is something wrong (some intagibles) with Dixon that we arent aware of.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Dixon is the starter. At this point he has more experience with this offense. That's why Tomlin was so quick to get him out of there in favor of Batch who played for more than a half. There's no way China Doll starts.

Well either that, or the coaching staff is just completely lost. There is, imo, two ways to look at it after yesterday:

1. They have, despite a pretty good TC from Dixon, decided that there is no way hell he'll ever start for Steelers after the performance in Denver.

2. They wanted to rest him, to avoid further injuries. They also needed to get batch some playing time as he will be the primary backup now.

Personally i think number two sounds most logical. Pretty much all of TC would have been wasted offensively if they don't go ahead and use Dixon. Sure, Ward and ARE have been taken snaps with Batch before, but thats it. All the rookies and whatnot have been used to take snaps from Dixon and leftwich, and even Hines said that it makes a huge difference for a WR who is in the pocket. It also makes sense that they did not play Dixon more than one drive, as they did not want to risk him getting injured as well. Loosing 3 QBs for at least the first 4 games would be too big of a blow.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Mao no way Batch starts. If he does, he wil probably get hurt. If Dixon starts, I think it will be good for us

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I see the thought about Batch starting, but I just can't see it happening. He has not been in any position to be ready to start. DD not starting is going to send a very negative message to the rest of the team.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

both are so limited with the playbook....they HAVE to go with dixons upside, theres no justifying batch at all

Whoever said dixon wasnt going to start?? Byron was 0-4 against the scrubs sunday...

I said he would make it to half time against Atlanta. Well it was against Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    both are so limited with the playbook....they HAVE to go with dixons upside, theres no justifying batch at all
    I dont see how you dont go with Dixon at this point. He has the 1st team reps, he has the support of his teammates and he gives them the best chance to survive 4 games. Those of you that said Lefty wouldnt survive 4 games... imagine Chuck??? He wouldnt make it passed week 2!

This has got to be the uitimate motivator for DD. They basically told him all offseason: "You arent good enough to start!" Now, due to injuries, they are gonna be forced to start him. Not sure how much more you could want to prove EVERYONE wrong!

GO DIXON!

Thread Information