Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Batch, Dixon, Leftwich...You make the call after tonights game

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Lefty just really hasn't played that much either. He's gotten limited snaps; pretty much the coaching staff trying to give Dixon the chance to get the job. He just didn't get it done though. With the chance to seize the job and make it his he struggled big time. Iim not impressed with Dixon under pressure, at all!!!

Honestly, Ben needs to sit the final game, get Lefty in there to play and then let Dixon have the rest of the game.
    I doubt Ben plays at all in the final pre-season.........The thing with Dixon is he is what he is.....Don't make him into something he is not........BA should play to his strengths.........Really I think we are screwed no matter what without Big Ben.....The running game and defense will have to bring their A-game with Lefty or Dixon in there.......

Which at this point the defense struggled to get off the field on third down tonight....I know its just pre-season but that can't happen at all when Ben is out.......

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    This is what I dont get....Why is Ben taking reps with the first team? He's not the one that is getting ready to start the season. Hines said this was the first time he got to play with Dixon...Never had taken reps with him. Ben doesn't need reps with the first team right now. He's going to be rusty in 5 or 6 weeks anyways, so whats the point? If Ben wants to play then throw him in for clean up in the 4th. Would be good for him to get slapped in the face IMO. This coaching staff is a joke. This team looks like ****, and I cant take this crap any more. Monkey's F@(&ing a football is what it looked like to be out there. Are they trying to be the new Browns in the AFCN?....losers!!!!
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wouldn't that be a surprise if they started Batch.....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by KSSteelerfan View Post
    Wouldn't that be a surprise if they started Batch.....
    Yeah it would be, considering he threw a pick 6 too.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Can we just forfeit the first 4 games so we don't have to watch that mess?

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Leftwich should get the start and Dixon can be used primarily as a 3rd down QB in special packages.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    dixon gives the offense the better chance. just run the ball and let him manage

Broncos are weaker on run D.. good game planning...

No short passes, no screens, no clue, no counter blitz plays, no draw plays, hardly any play action.. were inviting 7 to 8 in the box all night...

all you guys blame the players..... BA has to go.

As much as i was pulling for Dixon to get the job... its obvious he isnt ready. He looks great playing with guys on his level ie: 2nd-3rd stringers. It has NOTHING to do with running or not. He tried to run a few times and couldnt get out of the pocket. Pro Defenses know how to keep mobile qbs in the pocket. His one chance to run was VERY nice... but he also took a couple licks too!

What i took from last night: Dixon just isnt ready! YES, he CAN win at this level and maybe he gets lucky if he is FORCED to play, but he is a different QB when he leaves the scrubs and plays with the big boys. He's predictable, slow with his progression and telegraphs his throw... he's a young QB! He really only threw 2-3 BAD passes. He threw 4-5 GREAT passes... but one F'up erases ALL of the "at-a-boys"! And that throw into the endzone opitimized why he just isnt the guy right now. He would LOSE us more games than i think he can win us... if he keeps making those decisions! Yinz may not like BL, but i dont think he loses us games.

What i also took from last night: Byron Leftwich knows his role here... and it isnt to run with the 3rd team! He looked uninspired to say the least, and i dont blame him! IMO they didnt need to see him in THAT situation... they should have benched him or gave him a couple 1st team series. He is obviously the coaches choice now, and they risked him behind our 3rd team line. DUMB, though this may be the FIRST time in NFL history this has happened. Where a team had a star QB suspended to open the season, but still had to get him snaps. I know it aint easy to set a rotation but i didnt like the way the handled Byron last night.

NOTICE: I said nothing about Charlie Batch... sorry but not thanks! I like CHick but I think he is an Emergency QB at this point. He isnt much of a threat to go down field at this point in his career. Defenses can key on that and crowd the box eliminting Mendenahll and the run game and covering the intermediate routes batch is so effective at. He just isnt a 4 game option, though i like him in mid-game relief.

--- Added 8/30/2010 at 06:42 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

Broncos are weaker on run D.. good game planning...

No short passes, no screens, no clue, no counter blitz plays, no draw plays, hardly any play action.. were inviting 7 to 8 in the box all night...

all you guys blame the players..... BA has to go.
    Other than the 4th and 1, i dont bame the play-calling what so ever... we all wanted to see if Dixon could throw the ball. We know he can run, defenses know he can run and the coaches know he can run. He is accurate and makes damn good throws when guys are open... but this is the NFL. Against starters, open is a step or two at best... maybe just having position for a second. Even the 4th and 1, it was a role out that was hard to tell if it was a run or pass. Maybe a run/pass option and thats where Dennis should shine. Wasnt his fault, the play got blown up because... starting Defenses know what Dixon is about and the call was suspect.

Denver played pretty well against the run and they have damn good CB's even with out Bailey. Cox looks like a steal.
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 08-30-2010 at 07:34 AM.

Is it too late to sign Jeff Garcia?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    No love for Charlie Batch ??? He took two good shots ( late hits at that ) and got up. He's more mobile that Lefty and knows the play book,play him til he can't go no more.

Thread Information