Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Dixon have to do?

Bookmark and Share

What does Dixon have to do?

I was reading the espn AFC north blog today and several memebers of steeler nation want dixon to start the first 4 to 6 games. (me included..lol as we all know by now)
    But the steelers have only let dixon play against 2nd and 3rd stringers and dixon looked remarkable for the amout of time given. (remember the 4th quarter of the giants game they just ran the ball to work the clock so it did not give dennis the actual opprotunites to make plays). So my question is with what dixon has done so far what does dixon have to to to get a quarter or two with the 1st team in? He has already shown that he can create play's and produce. and even with limited play calling in the ravens game last year he was still productive. And you just can't say interceptions or consistent accuracy is the basis for the decison. Look at super ben he is accuate when he has to be but the other part of the time he is either high or short or behind recivers or what not. A lot of recievers have to come back for bens passes but i will give it to ben when he needs to make a throw he gets it in there. (which makes me wonder why he can't do it all the time). Every QB is going be off sometimes. Dixon has made great strides on his accuracy
    and they have not really let dixon let loose with a bomb this season so that is arians fault not dixons. I know dixon can throw deep i've seen it personally when he was at oregon. And i know pro's passing windows are tighter than college. But still just becuase the window's are tighter does not make the arm that less powerful.

nothing, its a fixed QB competition because of the incompetence of the coaching staff to put their foot down on bruce arians inability to adjust to a different skillset.

its retarded, but theres no way dixon is the starter and i really think leftwich is gonna struggle

He could always suck Tomlin off??? Seems to be working for Brucey!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    nothing, its a fixed QB competition because of the incompetence of the coaching staff to put their foot down on bruce arians inability to adjust to a different skillset.

its retarded, but theres no way dixon is the starter and i really think leftwich is gonna struggle
    Well said and i agree 100%

My Mood
    Addicted
    IMO Dixon did what he had to do already. If he doesn't start it's because the coaches aren't smart enough to realize that experience shouldn't be the ONLY factor you consider in choosing your starting quarterback.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    The only way Dixon starts is if Art II opens his mouth and I don't see that happening. Tomlin proved he's a follower not a leader.

Maybe we should put a letter together and everyone on SA sign it and then send it to Rooney lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Dennis needs to have pics of Tomlin or Art II having sex with a monkey to be the starting QB for this team.....No really the coaches are smart enough but coaches are so damn stubborn and that is the problem......To many coaches over-rate experience and that is why Byron is the starting QB due to experience.....I don't agree with it either and Dixon has been pretty damn good this pre-season.....With our OL we need a mobile QB and Dixon is more then just mobile he is a true threat to run........

One point to make though Byron doesn't have the same pull as Ben....If he struggles against the Falcons in the opener then I'm willing to bet Dixon becomes the starter against the Titans in week2.......

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Dixon may get his chance by halftime of week two. I don't know how the pass rush of the Falcons is, but Lefty will take a beating against the Titans

Or maybe our oline will showup to play.

DD probably won't start week one, but I'm liking our depth at QB.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information