Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Dixon have to do?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEyeZ View Post
    Maybe we should put a letter together and everyone on SA sign it and then send it to Rooney lol
    signed

And their fans.

hopefully lefty starts this week in denver. that may end this crap this week.

arizona starters looked bad against the titans, dont tell me leinart is not as good as lefty.

and lefty willl never beat the titans.

Im not overly concerned about BL starting past week 1 of the season!! He will struggle against the Falcons and be replaced by DD and he will be the starter the other 3 games BB is out.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think what he has to do is not be in such a defensively dominant division. They are afraid to give him the experience fearing the whole would be to deep to dig out of. Stupid thing is, as we all know and have said, he has to get the experience somewhere......

Dixon has to goto another team and Philly i think would love him.. McNabb is gone
    and it would be like having Randall come back.. Philly would let him play his game and let him grow into the pocket as he gets more time on the field.

We have Leftwich and Batch.. Trade Dixon.. We need another 5' 10" WR.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Mike Tomlin on some of his plans for the game in Denver on Sunday night: "I intend to give Dennis (Dixon) some looks with the first group against some good people. I think he's earned that. That's what this preseason is about."
    Maybe a light came on .

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Here's the scoop:

This is Dixon's last year under contract. If they let Dixon start, he will show the whole NFL how good he is and there will be no way we can resign him next season. So, they are doing everything they can to not showcase him.

Don't get me wrong, if they didn't think they had another viable option in Leftwhich then Dixon would have no choice but to start. But since Leftwhich is here, they are going to do everything they can so Dixon can't really show his stuff.

Leftwhich is going to start.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Here's the scoop:

This is Dixon's last year under contract. If they let Dixon start, he will show the whole NFL how good he is and there will be no way we can resign him next season. So, they are doing everything they can to not showcase him.

Don't get me wrong, if they didn't think they had another viable option in Leftwhich then Dixon would have no choice but to start. But since Leftwhich is here, they are going to do everything they can so Dixon can't really show his stuff.

maybe, i say build him up, pay him what hes worth, and trade him for an extra high #2or low #1 someone will need him. we have Ben.. we dont really need him. We do need a
    CB, DT, SS, a Tall WR.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Here's the scoop:

So basically, the Steelers are willing to go 1-3 or 0-4 with Leftwich just so that the rest of the league doesn't see just how good Dixon is. Yeah... Maybe its time to give up on CSI or Law & Order for a few weeks. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory keeping Dixon from being the starter. :P

From what I've heard (and I got this from Stan & Guy podcast a few days ago) Dixon doesn't know the playbook as well as Leftwich, and he doesn't have command of the huddle (ie - the vets don't believe in him as much as Byron).

IMO - and it might not be popular - but if there's 90 seconds left, the Steelers are down by 4 and they have to drive 50+ yards down field, I think I'd rather have Leftwich.

Quote Originally Posted by 92_is_gonna_kill_you View Post
    So basically, the Steelers are willing to go 1-3 or 0-4 with Leftwich just so that the rest of the league doesn't see just how good Dixon is. Yeah... Maybe its time to give up on CSI or Law & Order for a few weeks. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory keeping Dixon from being the starter. :P

From what I've heard (and I got this from Stan & Guy podcast a few days ago) Dixon doesn't know the playbook as well as Leftwich, and he doesn't have command of the huddle (ie - the vets don't believe in him as much as Byron).

IMO - and it might not be popular - but if there's 90 seconds left, the Steelers are down by 4 and they have to drive 50+ yards down field, I think I'd rather have Leftwich.
    if the steelers are down with 90 seconds to go and have to score somehow i think im gonna blame byron regardless

Thread Information