Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Bens performance.

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stationed in GTMO(Cuba)
    Posts
    1,530

    Bens performance.

    So I just caught Ben's highlights in the Giants game on youtube and was wondering how everyone else thought he did...My take is that overall he looked pretty good, I didn't think he looked TOO rusty, at least for his first appearance of the season and his arm for the most part looked to be pretty accurate and he looked like he had plenty of zing on most of his balls....Now, he did underthrow the ball on the int a by a little bit, but do you think that is because of lack of arm strength? I dont really think so and heres why: Is it possible that since Ben tends to buy alot of time in the back field that the reciever is probably already quite a ways down field when he throws it? Tell me if I'm wrong because I dont really know...but it seems like a possibility.

  2. #2
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,413
    he was a beast without showing much effort. i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the steelers won every game after hes back just cause hes pissed off, i think he'll step in and move the offense like a well oiled machine.

    i dont really care to see him play much in the preseason, he doesnt really need the reps...the two guys in the fixed battle for the starting QB spot need it

  3. #3
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    He played well with the exception of that int. He looked a little rusty at some points but you can't really blame him for that.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stationed in GTMO(Cuba)
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was a beast without showing much effort. i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the steelers won every game after hes back just cause hes pissed off, i think he'll step in and move the offense like a well oiled machine.

    i dont really care to see him play much in the preseason, he doesnt really need the reps...the two guys in the fixed battle for the starting QB spot need it
    Two very good points...Looks like he hasn't missed a beat. As long as leftwich or dixon do a nice job keeping his seat warm I think he'll step in and start takin names and kickin *** right away.

  5. #5
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,413
    notice how i said fixed battle....cause imo theres nothing dixon can do to get the nod to start no matter how great he plays

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stationed in GTMO(Cuba)
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    notice how i said fixed battle....cause imo theres nothing dixon can do to get the nod to start no matter how great he plays
    lol Yeah, I noticed...I guess I was just factoring the possible execution of leftwich's slow ***.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,176
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    Now, he did underthrow the ball on the int a by a little bit, but do you think that is because of lack of arm strength? I dont really think so and heres why: Is it possible that since Ben tends to buy alot of time in the back field that the reciever is probably already quite a ways down field when he throws it? Tell me if I'm wrong because I dont really know...but it seems like a possibility.
    In an interview Ben said the ball slipped as it left his hand. Me, I don't think he makes that throw on the run, to get that deep he would have to set and plant his leg.

  8. #8
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin isn't sold on Dixon no matter how much he says the competition may still be open. At this point Leftwich could totally tank in preseason and would still get the job. Tomlin wants experience in the huddle while Ben isn't there. Dixon is showing great strides but lets face it he's playing against 2nd string at best. I like his potential, and frankly Tomlin should give him reps against the opposition's first team atleast once this preseason to see what he does.

    Ben did just fine, nobody cares about preseason anyways.

  9. #9
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,400
    Ben will be fine, the int wasn't a big deal, pretty much a punt...I agree w/ Train, he'll be out to kill the world!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  10. #10
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,406
    Lefwich will get the start and get pulled for dixon in the first regular season game. Mark my words!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ben's head trauma to blame?
    By SnakeEyes43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:51 PM
  2. Ben's SB passing... think about it
    By swissvale72 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 10:56 AM
  3. What more can you say about Big Ben!
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
  4. Big Ben's many scrambles create illusion
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 03:04 AM
  5. Parker puts a little more bounce in his performance
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •