Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bens performance.

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Bens performance.

So I just caught Ben's highlights in the Giants game on youtube and was wondering how everyone else thought he did...My take is that overall he looked pretty good, I didn't think he looked TOO rusty, at least for his first appearance of the season and his arm for the most part looked to be pretty accurate and he looked like he had plenty of zing on most of his balls....Now, he did underthrow the ball on the int a by a little bit, but do you think that is because of lack of arm strength? I dont really think so and heres why: Is it possible that since Ben tends to buy alot of time in the back field that the reciever is probably already quite a ways down field when he throws it? Tell me if I'm wrong because I dont really know...but it seems like a possibility.

he was a beast without showing much effort. i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the steelers won every game after hes back just cause hes pissed off, i think he'll step in and move the offense like a well oiled machine.

i dont really care to see him play much in the preseason, he doesnt really need the reps...the two guys in the fixed battle for the starting QB spot need it

My Mood
    Addicted
    He played well with the exception of that int. He looked a little rusty at some points but you can't really blame him for that.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was a beast without showing much effort. i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the steelers won every game after hes back just cause hes pissed off, i think he'll step in and move the offense like a well oiled machine.

i dont really care to see him play much in the preseason, he doesnt really need the reps...the two guys in the fixed battle for the starting QB spot need it
    Two very good points...Looks like he hasn't missed a beat. As long as leftwich or dixon do a nice job keeping his seat warm I think he'll step in and start takin names and kickin *** right away.

notice how i said fixed battle....cause imo theres nothing dixon can do to get the nod to start no matter how great he plays

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    notice how i said fixed battle....cause imo theres nothing dixon can do to get the nod to start no matter how great he plays
    lol Yeah, I noticed...I guess I was just factoring the possible execution of leftwich's slow ***.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    Now, he did underthrow the ball on the int a by a little bit, but do you think that is because of lack of arm strength? I dont really think so and heres why: Is it possible that since Ben tends to buy alot of time in the back field that the reciever is probably already quite a ways down field when he throws it? Tell me if I'm wrong because I dont really know...but it seems like a possibility.
    In an interview Ben said the ball slipped as it left his hand. Me, I don't think he makes that throw on the run, to get that deep he would have to set and plant his leg.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin isn't sold on Dixon no matter how much he says the competition may still be open. At this point Leftwich could totally tank in preseason and would still get the job. Tomlin wants experience in the huddle while Ben isn't there. Dixon is showing great strides but lets face it he's playing against 2nd string at best. I like his potential, and frankly Tomlin should give him reps against the opposition's first team atleast once this preseason to see what he does.

Ben did just fine, nobody cares about preseason anyways.

Ben will be fine, the int wasn't a big deal, pretty much a punt...I agree w/ Train, he'll be out to kill the world!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Lefwich will get the start and get pulled for dixon in the first regular season game. Mark my words!

Thread Information