Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overall thoughts on Giants game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Overall thoughts on Giants game

Dixon looking sharp tonight in a big way, leading 2 scoring drives and going 7-8 for 82 yards. He took a broken play and made a nice gainer on the ground as well. He's definitely putting up the solid numbers and is showing he's got the potential to be a solid contributor for this team. I want to see him do it though against more veteran players though, hopefully he gets that chance next week to play in the first half.

Leftwich hooks up with Wallace for the long TD and showed a lot of poise in the pocket.

Will Batch get any snaps this preseason at all other than the handful from last week?

Rookie WR's Sanders and Brown both made some great plays tonight and should have no trouble making solid contributions for this team in 2010.

The running game was an emphasis tonight with all the backs getting some significant snaps. 3rd and short is still an issue for this team, I think we only converted 2 3rd and shorts tonight, the last one being enough to salt the game away in the 4th quarter.

The backup secondary was hitting hard and making some plays, much more so than the starters tonight.

Ben was 6-8 tonight, looking like vintage Ben buying time when needed and making some nice plays. There were some boos when he came on the field, but we were on the road so it's to be expected. He did have the INT, which was underthrown and hung up way too long so it was an easy pick for the Giants.

Run defense was pretty decent in the 1st half, came alittle unraveled at times in the 2nd half. The pass defense in the first half overall with the backups was solid, the second half was spotty but they hung in there.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-21-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Dixon or Leftwich....the more they play the harder it is to pick one over the other....Its great to have this problem but in my eyes I think Dixon played better today. You can see he did stay in the pocket longer and was looking down his reads...

Frank the Tank made some GREAT BLOCKS

Pouncey Played well again....kid is gonna be around for a LONG TIME

My favorite of the day...REDZONE REDMAN

-Dixon looked VERY good...
    -Leftwich looked better than he did last game.
    -A. Brown did a good job returning. Some nice straight ahead yards that could have easily been more.
    -Redman's TD run was a BEAUTY!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    ...Arians still sucks.

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Dixon definitely has a chance to be the starter for the Steelers opening day if he continues to play the way he has. This wide receiving core is very good and the more you see both Sanders and Brown the less you start to miss Santanio Holmes. Any chance that they can do more fullback sets with Redman and Mendenhall??

I thought lefty had some a couple good play's, Ben looked rusty as expected. Dixon was lights out against second stringers. I would love to see dixon run first team next game. See how he does against 1st team defenses. I know that he can do it but it just proves to the skeptics that he should be running first team till ben returns. Redman did not look overly impressive as he did last week. Vincent has some good runs, Kickoff returns looked promising. 2nd team OL looked dominate. Defense over pursues too much. Missed tackles, Wallace is a burner and I will give lefty credit on that touchdown pass that looked nice but a lot of his throws were high.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Over all i'm pleased with the Defense and depth on Defense, We need a RG and RT man i hate to say this but I'm missing me some Colon right now, Ben needs Byrons arm strength, Dixon looks much better each week so far, our running backs look real good, special teams is ok... atleast they haven't given up a return for a TD yet.
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 08-22-2010 at 12:43 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The offensive line, starter wise, is still in flux and it just takes time to learn to play together. I suspect we won't see a steady solid group for atleast a month into the regular season as they go through growing pains of playing together as a regular unit, but it'll come. If they stay healthy and Pouncey can handle the pressure along with Flozell or Scott atleast not getting Ben killed we should start to see a solid group.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    ...Arians still sucks.
    LOL, yes he does! But the QB's made him look better than he is tonight IMO.

Dixon is very smooth has a great drop and release, he'll be a starting QB in this league one day...

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    Defense over pursues too much. Missed tackles,.
    I noticed this on the run alot tonight. McFadden lost his containment and allowed the touchdown, and on 2 or 3 runs early we didn't protect against the cutback very well. I'm sure knowing that Manning wasn't in there and they had Romar, the Defense didn't play with what looked like not alot of intensity. More of a play our schemes type of week.

Thread Information