Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overall thoughts on Giants game

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The offensive line, starter wise, is still in flux and it just takes time to learn to play together. I suspect we won't see a steady solid group for atleast a month into the regular season as they go through growing pains of playing together as a regular unit, but it'll come. If they stay healthy and Pouncey can handle the pressure along with Flozell or Scott atleast not getting Ben killed we should start to see a solid group.
    I think Flo is a bust so far. Wouldn't we be better off if Starks played RT and Hills played LT? There were LB rushes right up our OL middles that gave me pause for concern...I believe they went between Pouncey and Keomoatu...overall though, I thought the line played much better this week against a much better defense. So I have hope!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    LOL, yes he does! But the QB's made him look better than he is tonight IMO.

Dixon is very smooth has a great drop and release, he'll be a starting QB in this league one day...
    Yea at this point it should be between September 12 and October 3rd...Dixon has outplayed Leftwich so far bottom line and he deserves to start if this keeps up...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Yea at this point it should be between September 12 and October 3rd...Dixon has outplayed Leftwich so far bottom line and he deserves to start if this keeps up...
    Agreed...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Arians play calling is horrible!! No imagination in the redzone and to predictable. I still say that Roethlisberger makes him look good when he is able to scramble and make plays!!

pouncey is too talented for me to even watch without getting a boner

Quote Originally Posted by Layin the wood View Post
    Arians play calling is horrible!! No imagination in the redzone and to predictable. I still say that Roethlisberger makes him look good when he is able to scramble and make plays!!
    I agree the red zone play calling is bad. Same as last year. I just don't think BA can call an effective game plan emphasizing the run. This gets amplified in the red zone.
    Leftwich's attempt to sneak it in from the one was GROSS.
    Sylvester had a nice imitation of Forrest Whitaker from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" with his qb sack.
    I still didn't see much from Ziggy Hood. I know the d-line doesn't get the tackles like our lb's, but I didn't see him get any qb pressures. I could be wrong, as I didn't really concentrate on him.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

hood is proving to be a training camp one on one drill hero. hes not gonna get flashy numbers at the position he plays, but you can still tell hes not really effective much when hes in

Quote Originally Posted by Layin the wood View Post
    He has no extension. he is slated for removal. cant they just have someone else call plays for the 2010 season? maybe Batch can call a better game.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    pouncey is too talented for me to even watch without getting a boner
    seriously .. have you seen him getting downfield ? the man is blocking safeties .. he is sooo smooth ..

over/under .. by 2020 Pouncey will have been to 5 pro-bowls (or at least invited)

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I know it's only the second pre-season game,but like the players I'm trying to get in mid season form so here goes:

Arians still sucks big time, Tomlin sucks for not firing him. If Art II had any balls Arians would get his walking papers today.

Frank Summers, Flozell Adams, William Gay should be cut NOW. Kemo isn't far behind them.

I guess all the praise Hood was getting in camp was because he was playing against our line,he has a long way to go.

This one might get me hung, I'm a little tired of watching Troy P. launch himself hoping to knock the ball carrier down, it may look good in the highlights but you have to wrap your man up.

On the bright side:

E. Sanders, A. Brown look like more like veterans than rookies. S.Sylvester is a keeper he's always around the ball.

A. Smith is a beast,but then most everyone knows that.

Leftwich or Dixon a nice problem to have. Unless our line improves significantly you have to go with Dixon, Lefty will get killed behind this line.

Speaking of the line Pouncey needs to be our starting center,perhaps they can trade Hartwig for a ham sandwich

Thread Information