Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's crackin', SA? (besides Ochostinko's ribs)

Rookie Free Agent

What's crackin', SA? (besides Ochostinko's ribs)

How's it goin' everybody? I'm a Steelers fan in the bowels of Bungles country, and it freakin' stinks. I'm the only Steeler fan I know around here! Please tell me Steeler Nation is alive in greater Cincinnati/northern Kentucky, I won't make it on my own out here. :/

My Mood
    Chatty
    The welcomes you to SA!!!!

God help ya!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Have a blast

Welcome to SA!

Rookie Free Agent
    welcome to the site

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Welcome to SA. It was so nice watching stinko get crushed last night.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Welcome to SA! I don't know how you've survived this long but you're safe and among friends now!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Horny
    and

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Welcome to SA! I don't know how you've survived this long but you're safe and among friends now!
    Truth be told, I used to be one of the many brainwashed, orange & black kool-aid drinkers. But after the '08 season, I was mad as hell & wasn't going to take it anymore. I thought "Why should I continue to support a team that hasn't won a playoff game since I was in preschool? Why should I buy tickets, jerseys, t-shirts etc. when the owner is just going to use that money to pad his own wallet, instead of rewarding his well performing players? Why should I support a team that says they're 'only going to bring in players with good character' when Pacman, T.O., Tank Johnson, Ochostinko, Cedric Benson among others (sorry too many to list) all have spots on the roster? Or that they reward whiny, childish behavior (Chad) but let go of guys who want to stay with the team and keep their head down and do their job (T.J. Houshmandzadeh)?"

So I took the leap after the Super Bowl. Go ahead, call me a bandwagon-jumper. I prefer the term "Born-Again Steelers fan."

I look at my Bengal fan friends, and I tell them, "You know, you don't HAVE to put up with their crap. If you don't like ____ (whatever their common complaint would be), then do something about it." And they'll always say "Aw c'mon, you gotta support your hometown team!" BULL! It's not 1935 anymore. Thanks to the internet and satellite & cable television, you can follow whoever you want with as much ease as it would be to follow local teams.

I'll tell you what drew me in; why I picked the Steelers instead of the other 31 teams to be my team - They win. They just win. There's no flash, no pageantry, no pyro and ballyhoo. But they put their heads down, work hard and win. They've won Super Bowls in multiple decades, they won Wild Card, Division and Conference Championships in just about every decade in the modern era. They're consistant, no matter who's in charge or what players come and go through the locker room. They win. And frankly, it's stupid for anyone to hate a proven, perenial winner.

Welcome to SA!

Glad you've finally seen the light!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information