Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the preseason opener...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Thoughts on the preseason opener...

Dixon showed some serious moves scrambling out of trouble on multiple occasions.

Nice to see a Steeler DB actually make an INT.

Redman running hard tonight.

Mendenhall needs to stop being Tim Whorley and hold onto that damn ball!

Starting offensive line group alittle shaky tonight, but that's to be expected with them all seeing live action for the first time together as a unit. I expect them to start playing better as the games continue this month.

Pouncey did look pretty good tonight overall.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Antonio Brown and Emmanual Sanders have some serious speed. Nice to see some Steeler WR's with after burners. That 68 yd scorcher by Brown was a thing of beauty. The more they touch the ball, the more confidence they'll get.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Maurkice Pouncey, the team’s No. 1 pick, lined at center when Justin Hartwig and right tackle Flozell Adams were removed in the first quarter and didn't played at right guard until the fourth quarter.

Is that an indication the Steelers are getting Pouncey ready to play center rather than guard – the position for which they targeted him when they drafted him with the 18th overall pick?

I don't know, but Pouncey looked awfully good against the Lions and has done nothing to make me thinks he couldn't be a starter in the regular-season opener, either at center or right guard.

He never gets rattled, is always in control and does a good job turning players to open holes. What's more, he has no problems getting to the second tier and blocking liunebackers. After helping to open a hole on Issac Redman's 31-yard run in the second quarter, Pouncey ran down the field after Redman and finished the play off by planting safety Randy Phillips on his back.

Man i hope he's the opening day center...

--- Added 8/14/2010 at 10:10 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Antonio Brown and Emmanual Sanders have some serious speed. Nice to see some Steeler WR's with after burners. That 68 yd scorcher by Brown was a thing of beauty. The more they touch the ball, the more confidence they'll get.
    Thanks for the updates i have to ewait untill 10 am tomorrow to see the game

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...medium=twitter
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 08-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Pouncey needs to start at center period....I thought he handled himself really well tonight.....Pancaked Suh and had a ton of knock down blocks tonight....Rather live with his mistakes then Hartwig getting his *** kicked again....

I really liked both rookie WR's and they didn't disappoint tonight...Both will make the team......

Redman looked solid tonight and I expect him to make the team.....I also like what I seen from Dwyer....You have to remember he had 3rd string OL blocking for him......

I thought Tony Hills looked alright which I hate Hills....I consider the competition trust me so I'm not to excited......

I really like Butler and think he has solid ball skills....Really hope he makes the team....Lewis and Burnett broke up a couple passes tonight.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Considering how much time Dwyer missed and how he has struggled so far this camp I'm glad he got some carries tonight.

I fully expect Tomlin to work these RB's into the ground on strip drills. I also imagine they'll all be sleeping with footballs and being fined if they are caught without them. They have got to get over this fumbling.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Gerry: Official goof was X-rated
    Saturday, 14 August 2010 22:56
    Written by Gerry Dulac

This might be the first time the referee should call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on himself.

Referee Jeff Triplette left his field microphone on following the Steelers' first touchdown and either he or one of his crew members was heard using several expletives that apparently were directed at the replay official.

After Dennis Dixon’s 5-yard touchdown run was overturned by an officials review because there were less than two minutes remaining in the half, the Steelers scored on the next play on a 1-yard run by Isaac Redman.

After Jeff Reed kicked the extra point, the unidentified official was irked that the replay official in the booth stopped the game in a driving rainstorm. If he does that again, the official said, “I’ll kick his (expletive) (expletive).” Then he added, “He’s trying to get to the Super Bowl already.”

The profanity-laced comment could be heard the fans in attendance at Heinz Field.

Oops

I thought that was funny On a more serious note i heard that Dwyer is done for the year he popped a knee...anyone else with info on this?

Dwyer went out of the game with what looked to be an arm or elbow injury. Not sure where they got the knee at.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Dwyer went out of the game with what looked to be an arm or elbow injury. Not sure where they got the knee at.
    It was a Detroit player i just got the info, Dwyer did hurt his shoulder and arm though...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Dixon's accuracy has greatly improved. He moved in the pocket not to run, but to just scramble and buy time to throw.

Dixon outplayed Leftwhich tonite.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I think sitting ben tonight was a statement by mike tomlin giving him more of an incentive to keep out of situations where skanky women accuse him of stuff. Do you think the majority of steeler nation has forgiven ben?

Thread Information