Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Training Camp updates (news, notes, pics, & vids)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-30-2010 at 07:31 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...a-7a4ddae0ab63 this is what Tomlin had to say...And check this write up on Pouncey.. http://www.steelers.com/news/article...medium=twitter He never was Penalized in 919 snaps nor did he give up a sack or QB pressure, that very impressive he should be our starting center from day one based on this info
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 07-30-2010 at 07:57 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Pouncey has been working out daily since he was drafted so I'm sure he'll have no problems with the conditioning tests when he arrives tomorrow. Im excited to see this kid get into camp and grab hold of a starting spot and never look back.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...a-7a4ddae0ab63 this is what Tomlin had to say...And check this write up on Pouncey.. http://www.steelers.com/news/article...medium=twitter He never was Penalized in 919 snaps nor did he give up a sack or QB pressure, that very impressive he should be our starting center from day one based on this info

Maybe, but starting Center in college, and the NFL is 2 different worlds, next year, ok.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Maybe, but starting Center in college, and the NFL is 2 different worlds, next year, ok.
    I understand the difference, i'm just saying he has a very impressive college resume, and he's better than Hartpig...

First day impressions

This is basically just updates from a bunch of different tweets etc etc, put into one post, so i don't take credit for anything of it. Its hard to do when you sit in Denmark >.<

Ziggy hood have been the biggest bright spot so far, playing lights out in 1v1 drills, leveling Pouncey at one play. Tomlin did comment afterwards: "What a difference what year can do".

Speaking of the 1v1 drills, if these were any kind of indication on how the rookie LBs will pan our, watch out for Gibson. He looked amazing in them, especially with his footwork, where Worilds apparently left much to desire. Worilds also got leveled by both Miller and David Johnson on 1v1 drills. Even Tony Hills tossed him around a couple of times. Not a great start by Worilds. no word on Sylvester who i really cant wait to hear more about.

Pouncey and Adams should have looked very very good next to eachother. Both took snaps with the first team, at RT and RG. Ben was under center.

Harrison totally destroyed Mendenhall on the first play of 11 v 11 drill, who also dropped a pass later. Other than that, Mendenhall looks stronger, faster and more explosive than ever!

Isaac Redman ran pretty well today. Dwyer did not really get to run a lot because of his hamstring early.

This is not all that official, but heard from a fan down there, that Antonio Brown so far have looked better than Sanders. Thats not words from an "expert" tho.

I think thats it for now

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/07...day-july-31st/
    Last edited by JensK; 07-31-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Already sounds different than last year.....

Harrison was on the receiving end of a vicious blow earlier in practice from fullback Frank Summers, who exploded into the outside linebacker during the run-game scrimmage.

Antwaan Randle El broke off a reverse down the sideline for a long gain. The key block was made by tailback Isaac Redman, who received a deserved pat on the helmet from Tomlin.

Now on the defensive side of the ball:
    The star of the 1-on-1 drills between the offensive and defensive linemen was second-year defensive end Ziggy Hood, who whipped Trai Essex and then Maurkice Pouncey. “What a difference a year makes, right?!” exclaimed Tomlin after Hood stampeded past Pouncey.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    live radio stream of TC and Steeler action. http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...5&station=2105

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just got a tweet about players that will miss practice today..

Casey Hampton, Mike Wallace, Jonathan Dwyer, Maurkice Pouncey, and Ramon Foster sitting out practice today.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Pouncey is a beast. He's assumed control of the position. And I"m keeping my fingers crossed on no major injuries.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information