Thread: Kindle's future in doubt wooooo lol

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

Kindle's future in doubt wooooo lol

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 26, 2010 10:28 PM ET
    Four days after suffering a fractured skull in a terrible accident, Ravens linebacker Sergio Kindle remains in an Austin, Texas hospital, with his immediate NFL future in question.

Early reports suggested Kindle would make a full recovery and sign a contract at his draft slot this week. That all may happen, but everything sounds less certain in the wake of the report that Kindle can't even get on a plane, much less play football, for three weeks.

Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun reports that Ravens G.M. Ozzie Newsome is talking with the NFL management council to see how they should proceed with Kindle. The team has had an offer on the table, but Hensley writes the team now may wait to see Kindle's health status before signing him to his big deal.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he was sure Kindle would sign, but was far less certain about Kindle's recovery.

"If at some point in time he can come back and play, that would be a great bonus for us," Harbaugh said. "But he'll have a lot of catching up to do."

Speaking on NFL Network, Jason La Canfora said the hope is Kindle could return "perhaps this year" and said it's hard to imagine Kindle avoiding the the reserve/PUP list, which would keep the linebacker out for the first six weeks of the season.

It's too early to place a timeline for Kindle's return to the field. For now, the focus will remain on restoring health to a young man that just went through a life-altering event.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-about-kindle/

funi says: July 26, 2010 10:36 PM

If he can't play, he has his Univeristy of Texas education! McDonalds will be waiting!

I don't wish injury on anyone, this situation is unfortunate for Sergio.

My Mood
    Addicted
    its good news for us, with cody being held out of practises and no kindles, that's 2 of their top picks out.

1 may not even play to his fullest ability ever.

I don't really care about whether its good or bad for us - its horrible for Kindle, and I really really feel bad for the kid. I hope he'll have a speed recovery and be able to play sooner rather than later!

As for the good or bad for us, Should we blow out Ravens two times next season, you bet your *** they'll say it was because of bad luck etc. I would rather have them playing with all their best players and then win.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information