Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are you a "real steeler fan"?

Bookmark and Share

are you a "real steeler fan"?

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=6036
    I just saw this article and it ask what a real steeler fan should act like. What's ur opinion

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I get asked this all the time since I live in the heart of Bears country and Colts country as of late.......My reply is simple I'm also a Pirates fan.....lol

I was born in Valparaiso, Indiana and live in Michigan City, Indiana....But my parents were born in Monessen, PA.......They moved to Indiana before I was born due to lack of jobs in the Pittsburgh area in the 70s but they raised me to be a Pittsburgh fan as a kid.....My best memories as a kid was going back to visit relatives back in PA and going to Pirates, Steelers, games and Kennywood.......

I find similar stories to mine here in Michigan City.....I run into Steelers fans all the time out here and they usually have ties to Pittsburgh originally.....We even have our own Steelers bar here in Michigan City......

My Mood
    Love
    Fans of any team act different. Put em all in a stadium and you'll see the many to few differences. I would like to think i root for the Steelers like no other, but not to make all Steelers fans look bad. Just have fun. Good old fashioned fun. Take the wins and losses like a winner and loser.

Duke of 531
    There is nothing wrong with questioning the way the team is built or the coaches or management, but when it comes to sundays every steeler fan should be supporting each and EVERY steeler player to have the best day he can possibly have. I have a bad feeling this may not be the case this year. In all years past i would have bet the house that steeler fans were absolutely the most dedicated,loyal fans in the NFL, but my faith was slightly shaken last year and this off season. While attending the games last year at the oakland game there were over 3,200 no shows and the weather wasn't very bad if i remember correctly sunny and in the 20's, but the worst was the green bay game nearly 7,600 no shows granted there was some snow on the ground, which i still don't think is a good reason to not go to the game. But what was worse than the no-shows were the approximately 5,000-10,000 people who started streaming out of the stadium in the fourth quarter. i'm really glad they missed one of the most exciting finishes in steeler history. I really felt bad for the team when they were celebrating in front of nearly 18,000 empty seats, lets pray this doesn't happen again this year. In this day and age of e-mailable tickets empty seats should be a thing of the past... Go STEELERS

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with questioning the way the team is built or the coaches or management, but when it comes to sundays every steeler fan should be supporting each and EVERY steeler player to have the best day he can possibly have. I have a bad feeling this may not be the case this year. In all years past i would have bet the house that steeler fans were absolutely the most dedicated,loyal fans in the NFL, but my faith was slightly shaken last year and this off season. While attending the games last year at the oakland game there were over 3,200 no shows and the weather wasn't very bad if i remember correctly sunny and in the 20's, but the worst was the green bay game nearly 7,600 no shows granted there was some snow on the ground, which i still don't think is a good reason to not go to the game. But what was worse than the no-shows were the approximately 5,000-10,000 people who started streaming out of the stadium in the fourth quarter. i'm really glad they missed one of the most exciting finishes in steeler history. I really felt bad for the team when they were celebrating in front of nearly 18,000 empty seats, lets pray this doesn't happen again this year. In this day and age of e-mailable tickets empty seats should be a thing of the past... Go STEELERS
    Okay first of all, guess you didn't read the article. Second of all, maybe the reason some fans couldn't go to that Green Bay, such as myself, isn't because there was SOME snow on the ground, but because there was 24 inches of snow on the ground and the Pennsylvania Turnpike was shut down. And if you think that I wasn't about to hitchhike my way to Pittsburgh so I could go to my one game a year (which I missed), you are seriously delusional. Third of all, after the Steelers win a big game like that, I can guarantee you the last thing on their mind is, "gosh, I wish there were more fans here." They don't give a rats *** whether the stadium is sold out or half full. Fourth of all, just like this guy said, nobody has any right to label someone who is a fan or isn't a fan or is a bandwagon fan or a fairweather fan based on what THEY think. Sorry bud, it's not up to you, and to be honest nobody cares about your opinion because at the end of the day, people do what they want. Thanks for your time.

Duke of 531
    first off i did read the article... second off there's something wrong if you don't think there's not something wrong with thousands of people filing out of the stadium during a still winable game that still has playoff implications... thirdly The players do care all i ever hear the players say we have the best fans in the world they pack heinz field every week and live and die with the players....never and i mean ever have i heard a steelers player say i don't give a rats *** what the fans feel... fourthly and this is the really sad part like you said people do what they want... exactly it's all about you... not what the teams needs... the world revolves around you and the steelers are just a liitle piece of your universe... Sorry honey you are not the center of the universe...GO STEELERS
    Last edited by airbrake 1; 07-19-2010 at 10:39 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Dude, people leave games early all the time. Every single team in every single sport in any regular season game, people leave games early. It's called wanting to beat traffic. Not that big of a deal. And I never said the players don't care about the fans, I said they don't care if people leave games early or if the stadium isn't 100% sold-out, because guess what, every game from when they first started to when they end (unless it's the superbowl or a playoff game) people will leave early, who cares? And yeah you're TOTALLY right the universe does revolve around me. Completely forgot I said anything that sounds anything remotely like that..except hey wait I didn't. The Steelers are almost a billion dollar organization, don't really think they need my help with anything.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well the economy has sucked the last few years and that does factor for some fans........Some people are losing jobs and homes left and right......I love the Steelers but jobs and homes are more important........In 2007 I was laid off and lost a very nice paying job.....That is a big factor in me not attending a game every season.....But I will be getting NFL Sunday Ticket for a 10th straight season so I don't miss one second of Steelers football.....

Duke of 531
    Sorry bud, it's not up to you, and to be honest nobody cares about your opinion because at the end of the day, people do what they want.
    if this quote "people do what they want" doesn't mean it's not about the team ...it's about what i want... then tell us what it means...god forbid you have to sit in traffic ... poor baby... the way traffic flows out of heinz isn't too bad a lot better than Three rivers stadium

Draft Pick
    Too many arguments about traffic and being the center of the universe! This is the bottom line...If you cut yourself shaving, or scrape yourself doing yard work, or get that un-expected bloody nose, and you BLEED BLACK & GOLD, THEN... you are a TRUE STEELERS fan. End of story!

Haven't posted in a while...
    Thanks

Thread Information