Thread: Head injury will prevent Ravens' Kindle from reporting to camp

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Head injury will prevent Ravens' Kindle from reporting to camp

Sergio Kindle, the Baltimore Ravens' first pick in the 2010 draft, suffered a head injury in an accident at a house he was visiting in Austin, Texas, and can't report to training camp Monday with the team's other rookies.

It's believed that Kindle, a defensive end/linebacker, fell down two flights of stairs Thursday night, according to the team's official Web site. Kindle is listed in stable condition at University Medical Center Brackenridge.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

"Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas," Ravens general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome said in a statement Sunday. "We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed."

Kindle, who hasn't yet signed with the Ravens, will not report to training camp at McDaniel College in Westminster, Md., this week, the Carroll County Times reported. Veterans are scheduled to show up for camp Wednesday.

"Sergio feels like he has had bad luck all his life," Kindle's father, Johnny Walker, told the Times on Sunday in a telephone interview.

Kindle, who's 6-foot-3 and 250 pounds, played outside linebacker and defensive end at Texas and was named a first-team All-America by The Sporting News in 2009. The Ravens took Kindle in the second round (43rd overall) of April's draft despite concerns over a right knee injury.

NFL.com senior columnist Vic Carucci wrote last week that the Ravens were counting on Kindle to be ready to contribute.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...orting-to-camp

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    Sergio feels like he has had bad luck all his life," Kindle's father, Johnny Walker, told the Times on Sunday in a telephone interview.
    glad hes a raven then...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Duke of 531
    sergio kindle falls down steps says father johnny walker i wonder if he has an uncle named richard hennessy or jim beam

My Mood
    Addicted
    hes injury prone.

Thread Information