Thread: Tickets?

Bookmark and Share

Tickets?

I need 3-4 tickets for a home game, anyone have suggestions how to get some...you guys are all hardcore with it so whats some tricks lol

Duke of 531
    the best way to find 4 tickets is to put an ad on craigslist saying steeler fan looking for 4 tickets BE VERY CAREFUL. Do not listen to any offers to escrow services this is a scam. but i've found tickets this way to the tennessee and cleveland games last year and didn't have a problem just be VERY wary. The next best options are to go to stub hub or the ticketmaster ticket exchange these are very safe routes for tickets but usually your paying at least 50% over cost plus all the extra charges they tack on. Another option is EBAY some risk here but you decide when to cut off bidding when you reach your price limit be careful here also. If the game you want is pretty far off keep checking these sites every couple hours you never know when someone will post tickets at a decent price and lots of times as a game date approaches sometime people get afraid of getting stuck with tickets and will unload them cheap... THANKS ...hope you get to your game
    Last edited by airbrake 1; 07-21-2010 at 09:32 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If you can somehow find a season ticket holder that's willing to sell their seats for a game that would probably be a good route. I got good seats from a friend of a friend of a friend who had season tickets and didn't want to go to one of the games.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I was looking at tickets to the Raiders game....I hope I land them.....Ktrain I'll let you know how it went for me if I score them....lol

--- Added 7/21/2010 at 09:02 PM ---

I have used E-Bay twice in the past and had no problems just to let you know Train......

I just bought 4 tickets to the Steelers / Browns game last night off of stubhub. They were $114 each.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    I just bought 4 tickets to the Steelers / Browns game last night off of stubhub. They were $114 each.
    Can't wait for the game thanks daddy for my early christmas present. We are gonna have fun

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtaingurl View Post

Can't wait for the game thanks daddy for my early christmas present. We are gonna have fun
    You are quite welcome, Sweetheart. Shell and I are really looking forward to taking you to your first Steeler game!

KTrain... keep us posted in your search for tickets.

Oh... another way... and I'm not sure where you're located... but if you're close to the Burgh you could always show up at the stadium and wait until right after kickoff. The scalpers will be selling tickets really cheap then. You take a slight chance in not getting them but more times than not you can find them like that. One game I went to a mom, dad and two kids came in and sat right behind us. They got tickets from a scalper for $10 a piece after the kickoff.
    Last edited by lloydfan4life; 07-21-2010 at 10:24 PM.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I need 3-4 tickets for a home game, anyone have suggestions how to get some...you guys are all hardcore with it so whats some tricks lol
    stubhub and the ticketmaster exchange are your safest bets BUT the markup is ridiculous. i got 2 tix for the pats game this year for $350 a piece, upper deck, 50 yard line, section 535, row b. and that's not including the shipping fees or stubhub's $70 "processing fee". not sure what the face value is since i haven't received them yet. but in 08 i got tix for the cowboys game, field level, section 138, row c, that had a face value of $85 but i paid over $450 a seat and that was discounted because my original tickets didn't ship because the seller was stationed in iraq and couldn't send them so they gave me better seats for the same price i paid for the originals. and the seats i got were selling for over $500 a seat on stubhub.

those are your safest bets because you are insured that your tix are authentic and if they don't ship on time that you will be compensated one way or another

Duke of 531
    K train what lloyd said is definetly a way to get tickets just be careful with the scalpers if they don't want to let you closely examine the tickets walk away instantly, never pull a large wad of cash or there's a chance it will be gone, seperate your money into small seperate rolls of cash like seperate rolls of $100 in different pockets and only pull out what you need. what lloyd said definetly happens as game time nears these guy get anxious to sell their tickets barter with them tell them that they're going to be worthless in a few minutes. Just be careful and you shouldn't have a problem most of the scalpers are honest but they're trying to maximize their profits don't let it be at your expense. As a rule i use i wouldn't pay over $150/ ticket unless it was a huge game...

Thread Information