Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater
    I wont stop until were eliminated Koopa so Ill continue to be a pain in your *** each and every week until we are done which wont be for awhile here. Im not saying were going to make it but like I been saying were not out of it yet,and if we do make it Ill look like a complete genius so your going to have to deal with me like I said until were officially eliminated and right now its not even remotely close to being true.

lol i just want some self respect for the team...playoffs are out o the question, we finish 9-7...im happy, ge our **** together for next year.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I wont stop until were eliminated Koopa so Ill continue to be a pain in your *** each and every week until we are done which wont be for awhile here. Im not saying were going to make it but like I been saying were not out of it yet,and if we do make it Ill look like a complete genius so your going to have to deal with me like I said until were officially eliminated and right now its not even remotely close to being true.
    I like your playofff scenarios, please continue them as long as we are alive!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    I don't mind them, but in reality, it will be a miracle of epic proportions to slide our butts into the last Wild Card Spot. Common Sense.

My Mood
    Addicted
    There nothing wrong with either point of view. I myself don't think we will make it (odds) but I will sure as hell be watching the games and cheering the Steelers on (or bitching them out...lol)!!!
    We can't control what happens with the other teams so I don't usually go there.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Well said SF...there's clearly 2 sides to the fence on this debate but regardless of whether we do make it in or we don't you each one of us will be cheering and screaming, or bitching and screaming for every single one just like always

I could be wrong here, but I think that if KC and Denver ends up tied at 9-7 with us, then the first tie breaker would be inside the divison. If thats the case then I think KC would win out on that tie breaker then it would come down to head to head between KC and Pitt. We as you know would win that tie breaker.....This was in play last year with two game remaining. It was us SD and KC.....I could be wrong....If I'm not then that would be a little more light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, I love how Koopa has "Fire Mac Brown the fag" on his Sig.....Koopa, you won a Championship last year and lost your best player to the draft started a Freshman QB and you want Mac fired.....LOL>>>>>>>>
    aushqf4

My Mood
    saints-hater
    No your absolutely right on the money Shark if there is a 3 or 4 way tie at 9-7 between lets say the Steelers,Denver,KC,and the Jags the head to head meetings get totally tossed out the window. As you said it would first be broken within the division and KC right now at this point looks like they will finish with the better division record then Denver and thus if both do finish 9-7 they would indeed as you said cancel Denver out. I dont know how they would break a 3 way tie with the Steelers,Jags,and KC if all were 9-7 because the Jags play KC the last week of the season. I figured out that if the Steelers and Jets finish at 9-7 and both have the same conference record the next tiebraker I think would be either strength of schedule or common opponents and the Steelers would have an edge in both of those head to head tiebrakers. And keep in mind one more thing even though Cincy is 7-5 and plays a bad Raiders team at home this week and should go to 8-5 they still have to finish up with games At Indy,at Denver, and against the Steelers and can easily finish at 8-8 with that rough of a schedule. And if the Steelers do win out and finish 9-7 which I think they have a very good shot of doing still Carolina isnt looking that tough of a game now there 6-6, The Ravens can be beat here Christmas Eve because of the payback factor for last game, and the same can be said with Cincy as well. There is just too much football left and its still as Ive been saying very very possible for the Steelers to still win out and get that last spot because all of the teams there chasing as Ive been saying have very very tough games to finish out the year.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

NFL TIE BREAKERS

The six postseason participants from each conference will now be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.
    2. The division champion with the second-best record.
    3. The division champion with the third-best record.
    4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
    5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
    6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.
    TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
    2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    4. Strength of victory.
    5. Strength of schedule.
    6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best net points in conference games.
    9. Best net points in all games.
    10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
    2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    9. Best net points in conference games.
    12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.
    OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.

2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.

3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.

4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
    2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie shall be assigned priority within its segment below that of non-playoff clubs and in the order that the playoff clubs exited from the playoffs. Thus, within a tied segment a playoff club that loses in the Wild-Card game will have priority over a playoff club that loses in the Divisional playoff game, which in turn will have priority over a club that loses in the Conference Championship game. If two tied clubs exited the playoffs in the same round, the tie is broken by strength of schedule.
    If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

provided by NFL.com

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Troy you do very good job. I just don't like getting my hopes up. If the Steelers had played more consistent and shown that they could make a late season run then I could see the Steelers maybe getting in.

But all season the Steelers have been a bad football team this year....(especially on the road). But hey no harm in keeping the hope alive. I'm just selling bigtime on the Steelers making the play-offs this year.

Thread Information