Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...

Believe it or not yes Im back again for my weekly playoff update and Im telling you the Steelers are still in it guys do not give up yet. There are now 5 teams at 7-5 after today's games. Those teams are Denver,Cincy,Jacksonville,The Jets,and Kansas City. All 5 of those teams are currently fighting for 2 wildcard spots. The Steelers keep in mind are still at 5-7 2 games back of all those teams but Im telling you right now the schedules of all 5 of those teams is going to keep the Steelers in it here the next week or two. The Steelers are banged up sure and I know the Browns will want revenge coming in here this week. But I still dont see the Browns coming in here on Thursday night and winning especially if that Derek Anderson guy plays quarterback for the Browns. So the Steelers should be and will be 6-7 by the end of Thursday night which Im telling you will keep them alive another week or so and here is why. The 5 teams ahead of the Steelers either all have tough games next week or have tough games on their schedules remaining.

So with that being said here is the breakdown. Will start with Cincy they play Oakland at home next week so Im assuming they will win that game and get to 8-5 but the next 2 weeks after that they have back to back road games at Indy and at Denver before they play the Steelers the last week so its not impossible to think that the Bengals will lose those last 3 games and finish 8-8 and if we win out we finish at 9-7 and a game ahead. Denver has now lost 3 in a row after losing to Seattle tonight. They play at San Diego next Sunday which is a game I think they will lose which will put them at 7-6 one game behind them in the wildcard race but keep in mind they still have the head to head on us but they do have some tough games left and they do have a rookie qb now in there with Cutler so its not impossible to think they could lose more games. The Jags play Indy next week and will lose that game for sure because there is just no way the Colts will lose 2 in a row. That will put the Jags at 7-6 one game behind them and keep in mind they finish up with games at Tennessee,New England,and at Kansas City. So the Jags finishing 8-8 with that schedule is not impossible either. The Chiefs were the biggest help today laying a huge egg in Cleveland after being up 14 points with 10 minutes left in the 4th to there back up QB. KC is now 7-5 after losing today and they games upcoming against Baltimore and at San Diego in 2 weeks, before finishing up at Oakland and at home with the Jags. The Steelers only need the Chiefs to lose 2 more games because they win the head to head tiebraker with them. So the Chiefs finishing at 9-7 especially with that schedule is very very much possible. Finally here, The Jets is where it gets a bit confusing here they are currently 7-5 and finish up with games against Buffalo,at Minnesota,at Miami and home against Oakland. The Jets do have an easy schedule if you look at it but even if they do finish 9-7 they should have the same conference record as the Steelers and if that happens the next tiebraker is common opponents and the Steelers would win that with the Jets because the Jets lost to Cleveland and still have to play Miami one more time and the Steelers have wins over both of those and would most likely win that tiebraker assuming we beat the Browns Thursday night which we will.

But there you have it though that is the playoff scenario going into next week here and Im telling you its still alive and well for at least another 2 weeks based on that schedule I just gave you for those other teams that need to lose. If you at it very closely and read it on here like I wrote it you will see its not all that impossible. I know its going to be tough for the Steelers to win out and finish at 9-7 with all the injuries and the play still being incosistent. But if they somehow do Im telling you right now they are going to have a shot to get in based on the schedules of all 5 of those teams that they need to lose. Again look at it carefully and you will see why. Im not going to give up like I been saying on here or say the Steelers are out of it until they are officially mathematically out of it and right now they are very much in it and still have a shot going into the next few weeks. Stay tuned and lets just see how this all plays out.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

That is so true we are still alive! Possible? YES! Probable? I have seen stranger things happen, look at last year a 6th seed going to the Superbowl for the first time in NFL history. Thanks 43 for all the work you have done figuring all this out for all of us here on SA, we all appreciate it and it seems so good to find a person who will not give up on the Steelers!!~ There is too much negativity, it seems good to see a positive post on the Steelers.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Addicted
    Nice post Troy! While I don't see us making it stranger things have happened. Yes we still have a shot and I want us to win out. We'll have to see what happens with the other teams then. But if we lose one game it is over for us this year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The voice of eternal hope doth speaketh again...

While I also don't see us making the playoffs even though we got alot of help today from other AFC teams and our own win, and yes we do have mostly divisional games left on the schedule, I do see us finishing off strong and ending this year at worst 8-8 but hopefully 9-7. I just think that when it comes to it, Im not sure we can win all of our last 4 games to put us in a position to be in contention. I hope we do win out, and I know we can win out, and I'd love to see us get into the playoffs again, but this year has been anything but normal.

Waterboy

Cool

It is nice to know that there is still a possibility of the Steelers making the Playoffs. However, reality has to set in. They have to win all there remaining games and then hope for some help. I love the Steelers to death but I just don't see this happening. Our offense is still not scoring the points that they are capable of doing. Running game stinks and we are hurting at wide receiver with Cedric going down. I haven't given up hope but this run to the playoffs will be tougher than last year. At least we had our own fate in our hands last year. This year we have to rely on someone else.

House of Steel
    I am not throwing in the towel, yet. I think something is about to shock us all in the last 4 weeks. I will be damned if we slide in the playoff with a 6th seed again. That would be something more than a miracle.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    All these things I think WILL happen next week and if they dont have a damn good chance of happening. Denver will lose in SD puts them 7-6,Jags will lose to Indy puts the Jags at 7-6,Kansas City will lose to Baltimore puts them at 7-6, Jets lose to Buffalo who has been playing very very well lately remember the only lost to Indy by one point in Indy and San Diego yesterday by 3, and beat the Jags last week. So I definitely think they can beat the Jets and that will put them at 7-6, the only team that has an easy week is Cincy who plays Oakland they should beat them and get to 8-5, but keep in mind Cincy has to finish off with games at Indy,at Denver, and with us down there. So with that schedule they can very easily finish at 8-8. The Steelers WILL beat Cleveland and get to 6-7 and if that happens and all of those teams that I just mentioned do lose which as I said is a very very good possibility, then they will just be 1 game out of a wildcard spot going into Carolina with 10 days to prepare. Its very very possible guys so like I been saying on here dont give up just yet and look very closely at what I just said and you will see that things can fall our way at least one more week and keep us alive.

It's great to see that the Steelers still have an outside shot of making the playoffs, but I'm not going to hold my breath! Nice write up Troy!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I am not throwing in the towel, yet. I think something is about to shock us all in the last 4 weeks. I will be damned if we slide in the playoff with a 6th seed again. That would be something more than a miracle.

Miracles never cease right !! It's a long shot beyond all long shots and would definately prove that in the NFL the parity is stronger now more than ever.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its nice to keep the faith. But what has the Steelers shown this season that makes you think that the Steelers can beat the Panthers, Ravens and Bengals? I see 7-9 at best.

Thread Information