Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaMarr Woodley still Steelers' top priority

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    harrison will probably move inside if worild and gibson turn into studs

worilds/gibson OLB, timmons and harrison MLB and woodley OLB would be perfect.

id actually rather have timmons on the outside and harrison replace farrior right now, that would have them both at more natural positions
    wouldnt gibson fit the farrior position better in a year?

no way, gibson is a converted DE. He has ridiculous speed and he put up something like 33 reps at 225....however hes on the smaller side with only like 240 pounds behind him. hes an incredible athlete though and very powerful and smooth. i would imagine hes gonna need time before hes any good against the run besides like tackle for losses because a guard could easily blow his **** up. harrison however is the best LB against the run that ive personally ever seen, hes strong as an ox and can just take on guards like its no big deal AND hes a pretty good, not great pass rusher.

timmons is a tremendous pass rusher but hes weak against the run, he would be better off switching with harrison.

My Mood
    Addicted
    woodley can be franchised tag, then it gives us another offseason to get a deal done.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    woodley can be franchised tag, then it gives us another offseason to get a deal done.

There is no guarantee that the franchise tag will be around with the new CBA, the Steelers cannot rely on that, it might not be there.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    harrison will probably move inside if worild and gibson turn into studs

worilds/gibson OLB, timmons and harrison MLB and woodley OLB would be perfect.

id actually rather have timmons on the outside and harrison replace farrior right now, that would have them both at more natural positions
    My God! That sounds awesome if Worilds or Gibson really came through.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    It would be interesting to see how Harrison would do being in Farriors spot. I don't know the answer to this, but how would he do being the play caller and being strictly a run stopper and cover guy.

Whoever is where, I really like the future of our LBs after the draft. Now we just need to get our oline and dline depth.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterray View Post
    It would be interesting to see how Harrison would do being in Farriors spot. I don't know the answer to this, but how would he do being the play caller and being strictly a run stopper and cover guy.

Whoever is where, I really like the future of our LBs after the draft. Now we just need to get our oline and dline depth.
    harrison filled in for farrior when farrior was hurt long before harrison was a starter. the man is a hammer of a LB, he has had a few picks in that spot (pick where he hurdled over tomlinson like 5 years ago) but hes a good pass rusher and a great run stuffer, he would be able to play all 4 positions but at this point in both of their careers harrison is much better suited for the MLB spot than farrior who has lost 3-4 steps and is a shadow of his former self. harrison thrives in traffic, i really hope they consider bumping him inside eventually

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah that's the great thing about Harrison, he can play all 4 spots which makes him as valuable as you can get. We know Wood is set on the oustide, he's a beast and he'll get his new deal either this season or before he hits the market next year. Timmons, I could see him pulling a Chad Brown where he's a staple on the inside but either due to injury or just production they move him outside since he's got mad pass rushing skills, and then moving Harrison inside. James is still on top of his game and keeping the beast playing opposite Woodley would be the ideal scenario.

Farrior is really the key in all this, his production will be a big factor in how this group pans out in 2010. We all know they're talented but if he has another sub par year, Tomlin would need to consider taking him out of the full time rotation and trying Harrison inside, Timmons outside, and then some combination of Farrior, Foote, or Captain Kangaroo on the inside opposite James H.

My Mood
    Addicted
    i would lose alot of faith in this teams ability to build a championship roster if they sign 30+ year old harrison to a top dollar OLB deal and let a young monster OLB in woodley just walk away
    Well said

i would lose alot of faith in this teams ability to build a championship roster if they sign 30+ year old harrison to a top dollar OLB deal and let a young monster OLB in woodley just walk away
    cosigned. letting woodley leave would easily be one of the dumbest decisions in nfl history. not that i think they will let him go, but IF they did it will take me a long time to get over that

Thread Information