Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No contract extension for Woodley

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

No contract extension for Woodley

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...lamarr-woodley

Should we pitch in the money to keep woodly and do you think that a hines ward senerio in his contract year?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Woodley**

That's all.

My Mood
    Addicted
    They will get a deal done with Woodley or they will Franchise him either way he's not leaving the black and gold, they just extended Tomlin for 3 more years so i expect them to franchise Woodley this off season until they can get a long term contract done with him, that's if they don't sign him to a deal before the seasons starts, i believe they are really waiting to see what happens with the Cap situation for 2011 if there is one before resigning Woodley

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    They will get a deal done with Woodley or they will Franchise him either way he's not leaving the black and gold, they just extended Tomlin for 3 more years so i expect them to franchise Woodley this off season until they can get a long term contract done with him, that's if they don't sign him to a deal before the seasons starts, i believe they are really waiting to see what happens with the Cap situation for 2011 if there is one before resigning Woodley

TOTALLY AGREE!

The thing is, LaMarr have now, at least in public, said that he demands a new contract right now. He is a smart guy - He knows that the cap situation is strange this year, so the contract would have to be with a lot of guaranteed money. He also know, thats now how Steelers do contracts. He most likely also know that Steelers are aware of his value, and that they want him on the team. Besides, Woodley have said that he would rather take a discount to be on a winning team, than get BIG money and be on a bad team. I am most certain that they are going to get something done, its just not likely it'll be before next season, because they don't have a lot to work with this year because of the salary situation.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

if the 30% rule is in effect: the Steelers should increase Woodley contact this year, with the understanding (wink....wink..) that they will take care of him next year. With Hartwig, Colon, Farrior, Ike, Moore and maybe Ward (if he retires) contacts up next year, there will be money for Woodley

i wouldnt play for $550,000 if i were him, what if he gets hurt like colon and misses out on his big pay day

My Mood
    Impatient
    I think he knows that he will get more money if he holds on. The 30% would hurt his contract and he knows that. So, even though its a risk, it will make him more money in the long run to play this year and then the Steelers will work out a deal after this season.

My Mood
    Chatty
    SHOW THE MAN THE MONEY!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    He will get his due, he practically willed us with Harrison to the title. He has been a beast and deserves to be paid. We have to show more patience with the new ownership style. a bit slower and methodical but we are slowly building the team back up from this off season. I'm very sure they are spending more time right now on figuring out what to do with the Oline and with the CBA coming up, its been obvious for a lot of teams to not do long term deals this year.

Thread Information